to develop a linux softeware using Qt..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
hi,
i'm trying to develop a software for linux which 'll display the hardware details of the system, processes that are running and how to optimize the system, softwares installed and how to manage the softwares etc...
thinking of developing it using Qt.. but 'm new to Qt..
so can u people suggest me any help of how i can develop it..?

adi007

Youngling
i havent tried QT but i'm planning to try it..
If u have a QT documentation then there are lots of tutorials and source code examples which can really be helpful..
I am planning to learn QT via documentation..
apart from documentation there are some good tutorials ..just google 'tutorials for QT',u will find many..

And BTW best of luck for ur software...

praka123

left this forum longback
qt4 will be interesting.your software will be GPLed automatically as qt itself is.
while GTK2+ allows LGPL license
*www.gtk.org/

knight17

In the zone
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
  1. [SIZE=-1]*doc.trolltech.com/3.3/tutorial.html[/SIZE]
  2. *www.qtforum.org/forum/
  3. *developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/index.html
  4. *doc.trolltech.com/3.3/how-to-learn-qt.html
  5. *www.digitalfanatics.org/projects/qt_ tutorial
  6. [SIZE=-1]*www.oreilly.com/catalog/prowqt2/[/SIZE]
Best Resource :

- *www.google.co.in/search?q=QT+Programming
- DMOZ QT Page

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 - Prentice Hall

I'd say start with this and once you get a Hang of Qt , just browse the Official Documentation yourself .

OP
Pragadheesh

Pragadheesh

In the zone
thanx for your replies... and regarding my project,
it is like controlling the entire linux for layman... one can enable, disable the new hardwares plugged, create logs of all changes being made, current running process and associated files etc... i ave a basic idea of how to do, but can u people enlighten more on how to implement the project and share your ideas...!!

praka123

left this forum longback
^you should need more knowledge in hal(h/w abstraction layer),dbus etc for hotswappable h/w.in that case.gnome.org got more details.

for process monitoring top(htop) etc are there na?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
thanx for your replies... and regarding my project,
it is like controlling the entire linux for layman... one can enable, disable the new hardwares plugged, create logs of all changes being made, current running process and associated files etc... i ave a basic idea of how to do, but can u people enlighten more on how to implement the project and share your ideas...!!
So, in short you want something like control panel?
I guess you can have a look at webmin for some ideas, it's a web based management system using perl, I believe.
For enabling/disabling hardware you can connect use hal and udev and stuff.
For logging, well there's already so many logs in /var/log/ just give a frontend to view those logs.
there's already apps integrated in KDE and even GNOME for process management and file association.
And most importantly, there's a very few people who know development on linux platform out here. You'd increase your scope to a lot more people if you go to places like linuxquestions.net, if you haven't done so already.
Also, are you just sufficing with linux or aiming for other OS's like BSD's and all?

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Chesk this out...

I think these are the best place to start.

*archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/gutsy/main/source/Sources.bz2

"THE UBUNTU SOURCE".

--OR--

*cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r2/source/iso-dvd/

"THE DEBIAN SOURCE"

--OR--

*src.opensolaris.org/

"OPENSOLARIS SOURCE BROWSER"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom