PSP or Ipod Video??

• IPod Video - 30 gb+ WOW sound = cool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmafire

Journeyman
I am plamming to up my gadget quotient a bit.. so just thinking which to buy?

To Buy PSP or Ipod Video?? thatz the qn.

Watching videos is more attractive to me than mp3..
and what is the typical size of a H264 or MP4 encoded DVD movie?

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
Dude PSP is 11K + 3000 for 2 GB Sony MSD
IPod V 30GB is 16K

I wanna ask u guys. Howz the battery life, screen quality sound quality when u compare both.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Screen is wider in PSP, so better
battery life has been mentioned by shwetanshus
The sound is the catch, nothin beats iPod's sound, but it will compensate with a good earphone set :)

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Besides The PSP plays gamez too that too of ps2 quality but the Ipod cant play tat

So go for a PSP
However the catch is PSP games The UMD"S are pretty costly
BUt if u know the way.... :wink: :wink:

sakumar79

Technomancer
I also believe watching movies in PSP require UMDs and they are costlier than regular DVDs... Is this true?

Arun

N

nipun_the_gr8

Well, if u ask me buy BOTH (if u can afford) and u'll surely rock !! :D :D

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
Bhai.. mereko dono me se ek bhi mushkil se hi parvadta hai.
UMDs are about 1500-3000 for a game and 500-1000 for Movies.
@Darthvader I do know the way. just have to do a bit of research
By the way, battery life (worst case) of PSP = 2.8 hrs (UMD game)

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
Dude has anyone used the PSP? i have used the IPod, cute thing.. but get bored of it

Anyplace i can try out the PSP in bbay?

madman123

Broken In
arite ppl: first of all, what do u want to use the gadget for. If its for music and movies only...or predominatly for music and video, go for the ipod. also, the psp cand store movies in really good quality on a mere 2gb. also, ull need more then 2gb, if u want to have a collection of movies, psp gets quite expensive with so many memory cards..lol. If u want to really play games as well, there really isn't a choice..ull have to get the psp. But let me tell u one thing. The psp is huge: carring around is not the same as ipod. And music on PSP is quite fiddly. But the battery is exchangabe, so u can extend the battery life.

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
ok decided to buy the PSP. gaming rocks.
now the qn is where to buy? I am looking at some place of repute, where i can take it back in case of trouble..

I can source it fm Japan. but thatz a long shot.
Tell me of a good place to buy it fm guys.

hafees

In the zone
are you sure psp is 11k only? did u asked any indian dealer? or u just converted from $ to Rs?

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
yes dude itz 11k only INR in India. in Vashi (Navi Mumbai) to be exact. I guess i can get it for 10-10.5 k in Lamington rd

kunalmg

Broken In
hi...my vote goes for not any of the above. but if u hv enuf money to shell, my vote goes for ipod. if u want a logical reason...if u buy psp though it costs around 11k the UMD u get is costly for each game. i think around 2k. five games u buy and its almost the same cost of a new psp. and for the ipod...i prefer creative vision m more than ipod video. no doubt ipod has different class coz of its looks but if u compare feature wise..creative vision M beats em'

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Well Milestone is officially distributing the PSP in India
So get in touch with milestone and voila u have ur PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom