Tiny Tutorial : How to watch a movie by setting it as wallpaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Hello guyz....

Most of u may know this trick already, but.. for ppl who donno this.. its really a gud tip..

What if we want to chat with some one simultaneously watching movie? Opening a movie in window is quite irksome.. So, how about making the video as wallpaper?? Just try out...

For this, you need VLC player. It is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats. (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, h264, xvid etc...) .If you are having a hard time playing videos, VLC media player will more than likely will solve your issue.Download it from here

Now, Play any movie in VLC player, Right click on the screen and select Wallpaper. Minimize the screen.. Thats it... you can do anything in parellel watching the movie...

*img148.imageshack.us/img148/1707/picture1ff7.jpg

pro

Broken In
hey dude why take all the pain? i have one nice solution..... try this

you must have a screensaver called "bliss" installed in your system (it also comes bundled with autopatcherXP) so go to C>windows>system or system32 and replace existing bliss.avi by your video file. just doon't forget to rename your would be screensaver file by name bliss.avi.

now go to as usual windows screensavers and configure properties of bliss screensaver.

;) if you liked this idea then please give some reps...;)

trigger

Journeyman
or u can use bsplayer or visit here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34801&highlight=mspaint+movie

pro

Broken In
vishalgupta said:
or u can use bsplayer or visit here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34801&highlight=mspaint+movie

hey i was trying to show some sort of hacking skills...:cool: by changing other application's resources to get what we want i.e. movie as wallpaper....

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
U can use this trick for the same.
Play video, take screenshot by pressing Prt Scr (Print Screen) key & minimize the player.
Now open Paint & paste.
Now save the file with any name in bitmap format and apply it as wallpaper.

By this trick any time u will play a video in the player, u can watch this video at ur desktop too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom