three slaps..... and the tray comes out........

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandit

In the zone
I have a LG 52x max CD ROM drive ---- 3 yrs old......
The problem is that on pushing the eject button the tray doesnt come out .
An easy trick that I practice is just after pushing eject I give it three tight slaps and voila out comes the tray. Once the disk is in, the drive works fine, it opens by the slightest push of "eject" and makes me happy.

I consulted my vendor for servicing it but he says that even after servicing, the problem will continue......

Is he fooling me....? :evil:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
No He is not. This usally happens on all CD Drives as years go by. There is a magnet in the cover of the drive that holds the CD firmly so that it doesnot slip during use. When this becomes worn out, or the alignment of your drive mechanism changes, the magnet sticks to the motor which blocks the tray from being pushed out. The force when u slap the drive releases the bond and the tray is now free to come out. When a CD is inside the drive the magnet doesn't attach to the motor and hence comes out easily.

I am having a Samsumg CD RW sitting lame, because of this problem. I used it in that condition, until I became too impatient to hit more and harder.
I am now using a Sony.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
the momment i looked at the topic i thought it was a samsung drive!!
well, i myself have a sticker on my Samsung CDrom "Kick Me"!! the samsung service charges 300bucks to repair tray assembly. there's no point going for a repair... get a new one.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
same problem with my samsung 52x max 4 yr old

but jab tak chal rahi hai chalne do ..................hee hee hee :)

OP
vandit

vandit

In the zone
glad to hear your views

I got my breath back when I knew that I was not the only one having the problem. moreover

jab tak chalega tab tak mein bhi chalunga....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom