This is insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalam

In the zone
I don't know why but for some reason my torrent download are wreaked! For an instance a 5 mb file shouldn't take much time but flashget tells me like there's an hour or two left for the download to complete. I have a 512kbps cable connection and all of the torrent download no matter if i have 4 or more seeders too hovers at just a minimal 5 to 3KB/s. Is there something wrong. This is driving me nuts! Any tips will greatly be appreciated yes i've stomped the web too....
Thank u in advance.......

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
uhh 1st off try a title the goes with your problem. 2nd flashget is a download manager.... So might I ask what torrent program you are using?

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
There are a lot of torretn tweaks but they are dependent on torrent s/w so can u tell us about ur torrent s/w name and i dont know may be itzz illegal to discuss about torrents here

casanova

The Frozen Nova
^^ If flashget supports torrents and he is talking bout torrents, his torrent client is flashget.

I would suggest trying some other dedicated torrent s/w like uTorrent.

OP
L

lalam

In the zone
Thank you guys. I got azureus now and i guess things are working fine. This one to me gives good speed. The best torrent client i've come across. I tried uTorrent and bitTorrent but to me azu beats them. Sorry for the disturbance he he but greatly appreciate you all coming to help.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ ur torrent speeds dont just depend on ur connection or ur client but also on the no. of seeders..

blademast3r

In the zone
use utorrent.... www.utorrent.com
and see if ports ar open (the little icon in the status bar at the bottom)
if its green things are fine...or else u r in trouble...
ull hav to open ports in ur router...if u kno ur router model then goto
www.portforward.com and look for ur router model...they hav a detailed guide thr...

vish786

"The Gentleman"
blademast3r said:
use utorrent.... www.utorrent.com
and see if ports ar open (the little icon in the status bar at the bottom)
if its green things are fine...or else u r in trouble...
ull hav to open ports in ur router...if u kno ur router model then goto
www.portforward.com and look for ur router model...they hav a detailed guide thr...

if he doesnt know then wat ? :)

OP
L

lalam

In the zone
vish786 said:
if he doesnt know then wat ? :)
Check my second post please.....In fact i even mentioned uTorrent and bitTorrent client.....

praka123 said:
portforwarding is a good work.and in azureus it is not too tough.
I'm not familiar with port forwarding so wanted to ask you if port forwarding could be applied on dynamic IP add. as well, my ISP gives its IP through DHCP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom