Thermal Evenet

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishal

Broken In
Intel P4 3Ghz
Intel 865 GBF Motherboard

i'm running a 3.0 ghz proccessor on the intel 865gbf board. It was working well for a week or so, but then a few days back it started shutting down the system automatically.

The next time i started it up, the board gave me some beeps and the message:
The system has experienced a thermal event (overheating).
Service the unit right away to resolve this.
Press F4 to Resume ...

Help

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Try to clean your MB's fan and ceck if your cabinet has proper conditioning...

Or maybe the Fan's stopped working at all...

vwad

In the zone
Well, Most possible cause for this must be your processor getting heated heavily. You will have check if your heat sink is working properly or not.

It will be better to get it checked from a hardware engineer to see if its sufficient and efficient.

In the July 2003 issue of digit, My dearest bro Agent 001 went on for heat-sink solutions hunting, you can read his quest and get inspired. :lol:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hmm, first, shut the computer down first thing. It looks like there's a serious error with the computer. Either take the computer to the manufacturer/assembler or call a geek friend to help you out with this. What you need to do is to make sure the heatsink and cooling fan assembly for the CPU is mounted right. You will need to remove the heatsink and reattach it with fresh thermal paste and then most of all, make sure the fan isnt damaged and is spinning properly. Do not do this yourself unless you know what you are doing. Get professional help.

nitin

Right off the assembly line
I am facing the same problem that was faced by vishal on same configuration. My system also suts down and after starting shows an error message that the system was shut doen due to thermal event and service it. I have checked and the processor is running not above 40 c even at shut down. If I don't turn my system again for about 10 minutes after the abrubt shut down, then the message does not appear.
I think the BIOS is corrupt. How is it ? I don't know. I have not flashed it. But I suspect this because it shows some junk characrters above thw error message.

Please help somebody.

Vishal, Can you please tell how was your problem solved ?

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Check for the heat sink mounting and check whether the heat sink fan is working..

Do not run the system until you checkout both these points otherwise you will be doing harm to your pc...

Regards....

nitin

Right off the assembly line
Every thing seems to be perfectly ok....
except that warning message
Now the PC shuts down even more frequrently :(
Seems a problem with power supply

praka123

left this forum longback
I also had/have :shock: the same problem with prescott 2.8Ghz in 915GAV mobo.what i suggest is if u have removed the fan and heatsink before,check for thermal pad been installed and fan properly locked.also try thermally advantageous chassis.

Intel was very shy in informing the new requirements on how to correctly integrate CPUs with Prescott core. People that buy the boxed processor get a brochure in several languages informing that you must visit *www.Intel.com/go/chassis to get all thermal specs demanded for the processor, and is also advised that in order to work correctly, the temperature inside the computer case shall not be over 100.4º F (38º C).

source:
*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom