theft protection in mobiles/cellphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
hi Techiez!!
my friend just lost his nokia 6610, it was probably stolen!!

i was just thinking like...if these cellphones carried some ID codes which would be verified each time the phone is logged on to the network. and if there's some creepy about that code, the cellphone would be blocked!!

ok, let me make things more clear...
1. you purchased this cellphone, along with it u got an "authorization certificate" in which all your details(date of purchase, dealer, etc) are printed. you are required to keep it safe..
2. if u want to sell your cellphone just give that "authorization certificate" with it.
3. if your cellphone is stolen, you just call your operator and tell them to block your sim and your handset. now you are required to show your "authorization certificate" to prove that the phone belonged to you. the operator will spread the word across the network(all india) and your phone will be useless now!

i think these type of things will bring down the theft rate of cellphones.[/b]

technomodel

Journeyman
i think nokia phones already ship with an unique code number of it's own. u can get by typing *#06#.and providing that number to ur provider ensures blocking of the phone.

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
club_pranay said:
if your cellphone is stolen, you just call your operator and tell them to block your sim and your handset. now you are required to show your "authorization certificate" to prove that the phone belonged to you. the operator will spread the word across the network(all india) and your phone will be useless now!

Actually this is the major problem...getting the operator(s) to disable the handset...if you have some contacts within your operator's network he might disable the phone but thats the end...

although the handset number was intended for this purpose only but it can never be successfully implemended unless there a legislation about and which is quite a distant dream coz we all know how much our representatives care for public..

Hitesh Gupta

AlienTech

In the zone
Just call the police and tell them you received a nude pic from that number.. They can track it down to within 50 feet of the location if the phone is turned on.

cool.crook

Right off the assembly line
technomodel said:
i think nokia phones already ship with an unique code number of it's own. u can get by typing *#06#.and providing that number to ur provider ensures blocking of the phone.

tht code can be changed

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
8) blocking or no blocking...whats will be its use to me...iam not going to get it bak...just a lil bit of mental satisfaction that the fone will be useless...best bet wud be invest sum $$$ in insurance...!!

PS... i think nokia comes with 1 year warranty...rite ??? :?:

OP
club_pranay

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
@grinning_devil.... if this "blocking" thing becomes common then cellphone theft will become rare, as they'll not gonna get any money for a blocked cellphone!!!!

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
club_pranay said:
@grinning_devil.... if this "blocking" thing becomes common then cellphone theft will become rare, as they'll not gonna get any money for a blocked cellphone!!!!

Blocking of Cell phone does not make it useless. If u google for unlockers, u will find cracks 4 almost all kinds of handset locks round the world. Also, any good mobile serviceman can remove the lock and generally charges 200 - 300 Rs. Changing the firmware of handset is also common nowadays, since data cables are available at as low as 75 - 100 Rs.

Even if theaf is unable 2 unlock the cell, he will probabely sell the spare-parts of the cell, such as battery, CCD module, LCD etc.

Prevention is the only way in this case. We must keep our cells carefully, not leaving them somewhere open.

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
Please don't say anything reagarding this as i have lost my "2" Nokia 3310 SET and DAM 1 Sony Ericsson T630 Now I have Nokia 6610.... I am most stupidest guy in keepin my mobile safe.

Any how people might be knowing just in case i got this info and i would like to share this amoung you people...

Dear All,

For Nokia Cell Users
Some info in case u have a Nokia...

1) Imagine ur cell battery is very low, u r expecting an important call and u don't have a charger. Nokia instrument comes with reserve battery. To activate,key is "*3370#" ur cell will restart with this reserve and ur instrument will show a 50% increase in battery.This reserve will get charged when u charge ur cell next time.

*3370# Activate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR)-Your phone uses the best sound quality but talk time is reduced by approx. 5%

#3370# Deactivate Enhanced Full Rate Codec( EFR)

*#4720# Activate Half Rate Codec - Your phone uses a lower quality sound but you should gain approx 30% more Talk Time

*#4720# Deactivate Half Rate Codec

2) *#0000# Displays your phones software version,
1st Line : Software Version,
2nd Line : Software Release Date,
3rd Line : Compression Type

3) *#9999# Phones software version if *#0000# does not work

4) *#06# For checking the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI Number)

5) #pw+1234567890+1# Provider Lock Status. (use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols)

6) #pw+1234567890+2# Network Lock Status. (use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols)

7) #pw+1234567890+3# Country Lock Status. (use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols)

8) #pw+1234567890+4# SIM Card Lock Status.(use the "*" button to obtain the "p,w" and "+" symbols)

9) *#147# (vodafone) this lets you know who called you last *#1471# Last call (Only vodofone)

10) *#21# Allows you to check the number that "All Calls" are diverted To

11) *#2640# Displays security code in use

12) *#30# Lets you see the private number

13) *#43# Allows you to check the "Call Waiting" status of your phone.

14) *#61# Allows you to check the number that "On No Reply" calls are diverted to

15) *#62# Allows you to check the number that "Divert If unreachable(no service)" calls are diverted to

16) *#67# Allows you to check the number that "On Busy Calls" are diverted to

17) *#67705646# Removes operator logo on 3310 & 3330

18) *#73# Reset phone timers and game scores

19) *#746025625# Displays the SIM Clock status, if your phone supports this power saving feature "SIM Clock Stop Allowed", it means you will get the best standby time possible

20) *#7760# Manufactures code

21) *#7780# Restore factory settings

22) *#8110# Software version for the nokia 8110

23) *#92702689# (to remember *#WAR0ANTY#) Displays -
1.Serial Number,
2.Date Made
3.Purchase Date,
4.Date of last repair (0000 for no repairs),
5.Transfer User Data. To exit this mode -you need to switch your phone off then on again
24) *#94870345123456789# Deactivate the PWM-Mem

25) **21*number# Turn on "All Calls" diverting to the phone number entered

26) **61*number# Turn on "No Re! ply" diverting to the phone number entered

27) **67*number# Turn on "On Busy" diverting to the phone number entered

28) 12345 This is the default security code press and hold # Lets you switch between lines

Best Regards

CRACK[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom