Status
Not open for further replies.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Ubuntu Linux being used into a Brazilian Community Project

*www.fag.edu.br/professores/daniel/onibus/_DSC00765.jpg

The project is a bus that have 12 pc, it will go over the city on quarters, offering courses about Internet and OpenOffice.org for poor people.
At first time the courses will be at morning and at night, on afternoon the bus will be open for community to use internet and OpenOffice.org.

The project will have more 3 buses like this, will take care of young workers and adults, will do qualification courses on IT and not only basic computation.

*www.fag.edu.br/professores/daniel/onibus/_DSC00767.jpg
More Pictures of the roaming adventure filled bus

sba

Journeyman
Nice initiative. I hope something like this is started in India as well but in native languages of that region. This will bring more and more people closed to computers :)

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
If this is started in india , we won`t cool comp`s like in the bus.We will have one public bus with old comp`s.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
We seriously need something like this in India . I dont think anyone would mind the age old computers as long as the software works on it. After all its the initiative that counts.

crashuniverse

In the zone
this was awesome. at least their wallpapers.
anyways any of u have installed it? it gives a stnkin' prob of resoultion when u try to set it to 1024 x 768. ubuntu is a community driven program (not a company) so it needs to work hard n we know how many linux(s) r there in da market these days.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Thats the login screen not a wallpaper.I have installed both Ubuntu 4.10 and 5.04.I also installed Kubuntu Ubuntu with KDE.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Too good!! When will something like this happen here in India? Our villages badly need some such thing

Satissh S

Youngling
Wow ! Great Initiative!
tuxfan said:
Too good!! When will something like this happen here in India? Our villages badly need some such thing
For that to happen we need a responsive Govt. and Tech. literate politicians.
I guess today except Pramod mahajen , Maran and arjun singh, nobody knows abt tech :lol:

tuxfan

Technomancer
vignesh said:
Maran is doing a very good job !
Yes, as of now it appears so. But I waiting for the day when number portability is implemented. As and when that happens, I expect quality of services to be far better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom