The TCO of Open Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuXian

In the zone
Open source has a reputation for being free, or at least cheap. But when the costs of programming, customization, maintenance and other factors are taken into consideration, enterprises can find that conversion from proprietary platforms to open source offers little or no savings.

more... :

*us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/linu...m/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nf/20050106/tc_nf/29477

Please post your views on this

firewall

In the zone
tuxfan said:
Usually all these TCO articles have their roots in finance from Micro$oft.

Agree !!!

btw feel free to read this article :

*www.linuxjunkies.org/articles/Presentation.htm

:) This is a non biased study made by a user group ;)

a.m

demoninside

In the zone
man haven't hhese guys haven't heard of forums coz i learnt sorry learning each & every thing without paying any thing.

Even in this artical these people r not sure what r thet saying
*any guys noticed even % might used in there article*

firewall

In the zone
well... very old link, though the scenario haven't changed till today, i believe ;)

*www.varbusiness.com/sections/News/breakingnews.asp?ArticleID=36355

:)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
demoninside said:
man haven't hhese guys haven't heard of forums coz i
forums are for kids.... Real knowledge and information way beyond the indexing capacity of search engines is available on various mailing lists around the world.

A quick look at the list archives of reasonably old mailing can open the gates of heaven in terms of raw knowledge.

firewall

In the zone
GNUrag said:
forums are for kids.... Real knowledge and information way beyond the indexing capacity of search engines is available on various mailing lists around the world.

A quick look at the list archives of reasonably old mailing can open the gates of heaven in terms of raw knowledge.

Agreed !!! But you can also visit my forum to have a look on how to make a forum indexed by searchengines effectively.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom