The secret of Bill Gates' success

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Straight from the horses mouth, need I say more.

See for yourself :)

*news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7464074.stm

Abstract:
"As Bill Gates prepares to end his full-time work at Microsoft, he tells the BBC in an interview that it wasn't just what Microsoft did, but what his rivals didn't do that let Microsoft get ahead."

Last edited:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Nice read thanks!
Ah! The retiring notes of the man who changed the world, the man who gave the idea of paid software to this insane world... :D
Screw him!!
But he has been a successful entreprenuer, no doubt at that. :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Screw him!!
:lol: And who are you? What is your worth? What have you given back to society? Which Charity Foundation do you run? How much is your income? Mr. Nothing cursing a visionary :lol: Now, haven't we seen this a thousand times.

At your age he had taken the steps that eventually led to a desktop on every desk. The very PC you're typing from, whether you run Linux makes no difference. It is because of this man that you have what you have.

Avoid using such statements.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Billy is cute but his staff is not

A good business man IMO, he did whatever was necessary to compete, but i hate competition.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Good read, thanks for that. People can complain about Microsoft's products, and go the FOSS way, but Bill gates is a genius. He did what he truly believed in, and thats what lead to his success.

OP
NucleusKore

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Nice read thanks!
Ah! The retiring notes of the man who changed the world, the man who gave the idea of paid software to this insane world... :D
Screw him!!
But he has been a successful entreprenuer, no doubt at that. :D

I believe in giving credit where credit is due.
Bill Gates will go down in history as a man who started a company that mass produced and sold an OS that ran on hardware not manufactured by them (IBM compatibles, not like Apple-hardware+software monopoly), and on which 3rd party developers could write applications. Microsoft created a new kind of software/hardware ecosystem altogether. I think for the first time the software advancement was driving the hardware development.
Windows 95 was my first OS and I thoroughly enjoyed it. That I almost exclusively use Linux now is a different issue.
With Windows and the falling prices of hardware computing is now truly accessible to a lot of people. However, I think that they should follow a different pricing strategy for emerging markets.

Last edited:

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman
Bill gates is a genius. We can talk all about how microsoft sucks and all that but one has to accept he brought true revolution into the world of software.

chandru.in

In the zone
The very PC you're typing from, whether you run Linux makes no difference. It is because of this man that you have what you have.

Not at all. There is not a single part of my system which was created for the first time by Microsoft.

GUI - XEROX (later bought by Apple from whom MS copied)
The current PC architecture - IBM
A highly modular software system design - Long before MS was even born (UNIX and even before that. In fact, MS is still trying to learn good OS deign with so called MinWin).

MS does not deserve credit for anything running on my system currently.

:p

CadCrazy

in search of myself
:lol: And who are you? What is your worth? What have you given back to society? Which Charity Foundation do you run? How much is your income? Mr. Nothing cursing a visionary :lol: Now, haven't we seen this a thousand times.

At your age he had taken the steps that eventually led to a desktop on every desk. The very PC you're typing from, whether you run Linux makes no difference. It is because of this man that you have what you have.

Avoid using such statements.

And who the hell is this bill gate ?
What is his worth ?
What he has given to socity ? monopoLies, how to snatch money
Charity foundation ? to save tax
He is great because of his income :p
Yes he is visionary (money snatcher)

I have seen this only one time when i purchased my laptop but i can imagine about thousand(or millions) who everyday buy laptops or branded pc.

It is because of this man that you have what you have.

ROFL. Jago Manan pyare.Kya Mumbai mein hamesha andhera hi rehta hai :D

He is a visionary! *Salutes Sir Bill Gates*

Ruk ja mera Operating System aane de market mein :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom