The REAL reason we use Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
We tell people we use Linux because it's secure. Or because it's free, because it's customizable, because it's free (the other meaning), because it has excellent community support...

But all of that is just marketing bullshit. We tell that to non-Linuxers because they wouldn't understand the real reason. And when we say those false reasons enough, we might even start to believe them ourselves.

But deep underneath, the real reason remains.

Read on at source

PS: This is not my blog! ;)

I use linux coz it gives me freedom to customize it.moreover,its free and i dont have to shell out 5000 bux every time i get a new OS.It is virus,malware,spyware free.It doesnt get bloated as windows does.Doesnt eat my badwidth as windows does and many many other reasons:D
Above all it keeps me away from gaming.This time i have 10th boards so wont be using windows till march 2009:(

satyamy

Alive Again...
ok i think i have come to the right place
here all are linux users
so guys pls suggest me which linux should i install ?

@satyamy-UBUNTU would be gr8 if u get hold of it.
Mann!!its better than any other OS i have used:D
suse ad fedora are not as newbie friendly as ubutnu is!

praka123

left this forum longback
opensuse =good eyecandy but bulky!yast is very slow.fedora is kind of OK.but Ubuntu FTW!

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Even though its slightly difficult OS (if you look just under the hood) it gives power to understand system, gives more control. Over all its good if you want more from your system & believe in tweaking & cracking.

din

Tribal Boy
@satyamy

What he meant is, he will be able to suggest more based on your answer. That is some linux distro may not have out-of-the-box experience, they may need us to download updates form internet to make it all work, like multimedia etc. That is why he asked whether you have a decent (good speed like broadband etc) internet connection.

satyamy

Alive Again...
@satyamy

What he meant is, he will be able to suggest more based on your answer. That is some linux distro may not have out-of-the-box experience, they may need us to download updates form internet to make it all work, like multimedia etc. That is why he asked whether you have a decent (good speed like broadband etc) internet connection.

Thanks for Reply
Yes I have a Good Decent Broadband Net :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Here are some reasons:
1) No real threat from virus and malwares.
2) No defragmentation
3) No tune up software required
4) No third party theming required
5) Robustness
6) Intelligent (U can install linux on any HDD)
7) Powerful bash shell
8) Somehow my mp3s sounds better(crisp/clear) in linux
9) No need to search for software
10) Internet speed is not hindered.

and lots more whit of a features :)

vaithy

In the zone
People who only know windows some time surprised if one of his co-worker is doing, or meddling a OS called linux, and treat him as a 'special' guy.(even he is not a geek). that is what happened to me in my case. For years I was a ordinary Accountant, who only know foxpro/excel nothing else. When a important occasion a audit called document could not be retrieved from a particular PC with the OS refuse to boot, and the system administrator (BE ) called the service Engineer, where a delay was expected, I simply booted a live knoppix cd, copy the file from Windows partition then produce to audit in time, make me some thing special in the eye of my co-workers as well as my superiors..that is how my fun start to me..nobody beleived in my office i am a new bie in linux..if some thing happened, instead of calling service Engineer they simply called me even for Windows proplem with me(which I rightly don't know ) My protest with them don't have any takers..'you know linux..!!that is enough.. fix it.. my protest to them go in vain..
Now i can definitely say why I like linux.. because it is FUN.. It make you SPECIAL..It make you your OWN MASTER !

hullap

Cyborg Agent
From the Ubuntu cd i got From ubuntu-
Pass it on!
This CD can be used to install ubuntu on an unlimited number of PCs,desktops and laptops. So install it, enjoy it , and pass it to your family,friends and collegues

THATS WHY I USE IT

AND YES LINUX IS FuN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom