Its a really simple procedure.can u make a tutorial on how to root... where to download all the files... i know there are various on the internet... but i want to know what u think....
1. Download update.zip file from here Plug-in RedMi 1S to your PC and copy update.zip to Internal Memory. Don't create any new folder. Just copy it to root folder. Unplug RedMi 1S.
2. Settings icon -> About Phone -> Tap on Android Version five times. It will activate Developer Options.
3. Tools icon -> Updater. Click on Menu -> Reboot to Recovery Mode. Use Volume Keys to navigate and Power key to Confirm in Recovery Mode.
4. Select English and then install update.zip to system. Recovery will detect/install update.zip. Reboot to System.
5. Security icon -> Permissions - activate root permissions.
Done !! Same procedure is for unrooting and I have added zip file for unroot too.
- - - Updated - - -
MIUI 41.1 is not that good even after installing Battery, CPU and RAM Management apps. Its a lot of work and negligible results. I am going to install CM11-R5 today evening. I don't why everyone is calling it stable version though.