The New iMac G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Most people seem to be really excited about the iPod Video. Well there is another reason to be excited. Its the all new iMac G5. The new one is thinner (20 inch is thinner than the old 17 inch) and has iSight built in.

It also has a software called FrontRow and a remote which is almost like the Media Center thingies. It now comes with the Mighty Mouse as a standard...

Here's for more info:

*www.engadget.com/entry/1234000787063052/

*www.apple.com/imac/

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
I guess it will just replace the current one's in the market, the cheapest one (the one which I'm gonna probably buy) which costs 78 thousand inclusive of all taxes, that is, the 17 incher...

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
sujithtom said:
Where did the CPU go??? 0_o Another revolutionary imac

The iMac before this was also designed on the same lines, was only a bit thicker. The CPU disappeared long time ago....

Tech&ME

Banned
The iMac G5 cost Rs. 105,500/- + taxes etc in India

The config :

20-inch widescreen LCD
2GHz PowerPC G5
667MHz frontside bus
512K L2 cache
512MB DDR400 SDRAM
250GB Serial ATA hard drive
Slot-load 8x SuperDrive double-layer
ATI Radeon 9600
128MB DDR video memory
56K internal modem

Retro

Journeyman
Wow, sounds great. Can anyone tell me what will be the specs of this machine. Wish I could afford a Mac!!

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
goobimama said:
sujithtom said:
Where did the CPU go??? 0_o Another revolutionary imac

The iMac before this was also designed on the same lines, was only a bit thicker. The CPU disappeared long time ago....

Oh man i was just quoting a sentence from their ad

Retro

Journeyman
Wow, sounds great. Can anyone tell me what will be the specs of this machine. Wish I could afford a Mac!!

Retro

Journeyman

Retro

Journeyman

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
The iMac G5 cost Rs. 105,500/- + taxes etc in India

The config :

20-inch widescreen LCD
2GHz PowerPC G5
667MHz frontside bus
512K L2 cache
512MB DDR400 SDRAM
250GB Serial ATA hard drive
Slot-load 8x SuperDrive double-layer
ATI Radeon 9600
128MB DDR video memory
56K internal modem

ya, that's the old 20 inch one. The new iMac has a clock speed of 2.1 Ghz, 700Mhz FSB, 512 MB DD2 RAM and such...

I'm guessing that when the new ones are introduced in India, they will just replace the old one's and their price...hope so...

Retro

Journeyman

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Retro there is no use spamming here since your post count won't increse (This comment applies to u only if u triple posted purposfully)

1 lakh is bit unaffordable. And why did they put an internal modem. And also i heard that u don't have wide software selection for Mac. Ya grapes which we can't get are sour ;-)

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
@retro: was it on purpose?

@ sujithtom: There is no internal modem in the new iMac. the specs that TechandME has given are of the older one. A new external modem for the mac costs 49$ (you can use a normal external modem too)...

As for the software, my dad has bought a new iBook. As far as software requirements go, there are more than adequate apps available. Maybe not such a wide range, but whatever is available, is top class. MS Office 2004 for Mac is much much much better than Office 2003 for Windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom