the n91 8gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

hash!!

________
i think theres no thread for this... i need to know a bit about this phone... i might go in for it in month or 2... if its still there in the market....
so the n91 4gb bombed... its givin a lotta problems, and most of the ppl usin it say that it sucks... but i really wanna go for the n91-4gb or the 8gb special edition... anyone using it? or anyone here who knows about it?
or any other similar option?

K

krazyfrog

Most people complaining about N91 tend to forget that there's a hard disc inside (or probably they never knew about it:D). If you give it the care and attention that a hard drive based device demands, then it won't give you any problems, be it 4gb or 8gb.
Another option you can look for is SE W950i (4gb). But its very expensive and you can probably buy N91 8gb at its price. Plus it doesn't have a camera. It does use flash memory though (the reason why its so expensive).

OP
hash!!

hash!!

________
flash memory is slower than a hard drive... i really wanna get the n91, 4gb or the 8gb cuz forst off, theres wi-fi, then theres a lottttaaa space... and it aint expensive... and again, its got a lotttttttttta space.... and its got a decent cam.... and its on an s60 os or sumthn if im not mistaken, so i can hook it up wid a lotta softwares... and again, its still got a lottta space...
i really wanna know evrythn i can before i get it... still got a couple of months to go...

K

krazyfrog

Here are some links that might help you:
Nokia N91 Technical Specifications
*www.n-gage.com/nseries/v2/media/pr.../tech_specs_n91_en_GB.html?lang=en&country=GB
Nokia N91 reviews:
GSMArena:*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n91-review-81.php
Mobile-review:*www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n91-en.shtml
(Note the above reviews have been conducted on the older firmware. Any problems mentioned related to firmware would have been solved in the latest firmware)

OP
hash!!

hash!!

________
sariq said:
^ and heavy. and power consuming
but more space... better tfr rates... i guess thats gonna be better wid time...
but whteva... the force is strong in this one... lolz...
pda's r totallly expensive... either a pda or a hard drive phone... thats wht im lookin for...

r2d2

Journeyman
@hash!!

The n91 4gb currently available in India (N91-5) does not have wifi, 3g. Not
sure about the 8gb model though.

OP
hash!!

hash!!

________
r2d2 said:
@hash!!

The n91 4gb currently available in India (N91-5) does not have wifi, 3g. Not
sure about the 8gb model though.
are you serious?????????
it duznt have wifi?????? ughhhh... thats like one of the major reasons i wanted to have it!!!
the 8gb one's a special edition... it came out wid the n-series music edition phones abroad... its status is still as "comin soon" here.... checked the prices abroad, works out to arnd 32k... :eek:
but whteva... im gonna go for a wifi version... othrwise i guess the phone's pretty neat...

r2d2

Journeyman
@hash

Ya, it doesn't have wifi and 3g (I have one too). I heard some earlier model
did have them though. You can check out the grey market, maybe they
stock some finnish/european models which have them.

Regards
r2d2

Think the 8gb model is out already cos I saw its ad on Times of India recently

Last edited:
OP
hash!!

hash!!

________
thanks for the info mate... u actually saved me... i thot that these features would obviously be there, but nokia is blooddy sly... lolzzz..
i'l look into the details before i buy the fone... lets see...
and about the 8gb model, well, u saw the asdvert, but u ddnt notice the "coming soon" thing written in almost fine print at the bottom... :D

nik_for_you

In the zone
hard disk is not prefferd for cell phone as one will use cell with not that much care so it tends to be problem...

OP
hash!!

hash!!

________
dunno really as to how much the 8gb version costs... U.S prices r kinda relative to the pricing here, but in the UK, it'l cost ya arnd Rs. 30,000...
its ads r comin up in the papers nowdays, even on the tele... but it sez "comin soon" under the phone model... so wait is all we can do...
and about the care factor, i guess anyone would handle a cool phone proper... moreover, the casing is pretty neat, and theres good padding or sumthn which prevents damage to the drive from small falls...
vaise bhi, theres people using phones wid touch-screens... they're a lot more sensitive to falls... :D
care toh karna padhta hai agar itna accha phone hoga....

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
My friend is a Nokia dealer himself... long story short said... he said not to purchase n80 or n90 family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom