The most Shitty CPU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasper

Broken In
Computer Configuration:

Intel Pentium HT 2.8 Ghz
Asus P5GD1-VM
512 MB Hynix 400 Mhz RAM (256 X2 running at dual channel)
Onboard Intel Graphic Accelerator 900
Segate Barracuda SATA 160 GB HDD

I hav been facing a weird but a very painful problem with my PC lately. I don hav any
Virus nor do I use my PC for any gaming or and hardcore purpose. It jus used for seeing
movies and listening to songs most of the time. My HDD doesnt has any Badsectors
The problem is that computer is very slow even though only one or two processes are running
at one time it still works very slowly, I reinstalled MY OS (Win XP Service Pack 1)
and even formatted my whole HDD and even searched for bad sectors but in vain. Still my PC
even at the very moment after installing the OS runs very very slowly. In my task manager"Performance Bar"
the CPU utilization reached MAX without no heavy processes running. Even in my process bar
the total amount of tasks that are running at a particular point of time would sum upto jus 200 MB
but the task manager shows around 500... This has been going since a month or two.. and my Hardware dealer
is also not able to catch hold of the problem. Even to side click a icon my PC takes 10 secs easily.. I donno
what problem is going on with it?? I hav tired all the things I could have. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Here are Pics from the task manager and CPU-z software to help u all understand my CPU condition better.
*img355.imageshack.us/img355/3040/14zp2.jpg
*img462.imageshack.us/img462/274/29ej.jpg
*img462.imageshack.us/img462/9091/39eb.jpg
*img487.imageshack.us/img487/1535/43kx.jpg
*img462.imageshack.us/img462/9260/54zv.jpg
*img487.imageshack.us/img487/2316/62jm.jpg
*img462.imageshack.us/img462/1201/78vk.jpg

AGENT_SMITH

Journeyman
I think u should do Spybot S&D scan - available here
i saw u are using two antivirus at the same time (McAfee and AVG)
I would say remove McAfee its a resource hogger
and check if the problem persists

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Do one thing ...

Go to your task manager (processes tab)
go to View -> Select Columns..
Check 'Virtual Memory Size'
OK

Now you'll be able to see which application is hogging the pagefile.
Post a screenshot after this.

Secondly ..
Get HijackThis .. and post the log file generated by this app.

-----
alibi

OP
R

Rasper

Broken In
well here is the log file of hijack this and task bar as you asked .... thanks for helping me dude..... i already have a spy doctor and the problem was was present before installing avg and mcAffe and it is still there.... i ve even installed the OS twice but in vien... nothin it didnt helped me
here are the pics as u asked....
*img482.imageshack.us/img482/7417/task1qb.jpg
*rapidshare.de/files/12320943/hijackthis.log.html

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Your task manager shows it all ...
Bitcomet and sndoctor (spyware doctor) are screwing up your comp.
I suggest you uninstall spyware doctor and use some other (light) bittorrent client.

One more thing .. I think you can disable a few useless services in your comp.
Search this forum/google for 'disable windows xp services' .. and you'll find a lot of services worth switching off.

About the hijackthis file ..
it's just a text file.. you could have simply copy pasted the text from it.
I am not able to get my hands on the rapidshare file
(shared internet connection at my end .. never get hold of rapidshare free slots .. forget it)
If you can .. just open the file with Notepad and copy paste the content here.

EDIT: I got your log file .. it's clean. It seems you just have a little too many softwares installed :p

-----
alibi

OP
R

Rasper

Broken In
well i did had bit comet running feom a very long time and did had sndoctor also it was not a problem earlier i even had all that softwares installed bfore also... but i dunno why from a past month or so i m havin this problem... al that sofwares didnt affected my system before than why would they now..... anyways tell me is a P4 too less for running jus few simple of this application i mainly use my system for music and movies.. no games and nothin else.....anyways thanks for the advice i had uninstalled sndoctor but the prob is still there....thanks dude...

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
hey dude........in nero goto prefernces.......in that in choosing ur HDD cache size there is an otion to test ur drive speeds..........if ur HHD speed is anything below 30000KBps that means there is a problem with ur HDD controlers.........

This is just one of the RARE reasons why ur comp can be slow if everything is alright..

secondly see to it that ur C: is large enuf n is defragged regularly.........

steelcold

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

Dunno if this is gonna help you or not but I faced the same problem with my PC. After breaking my logic at many walls the culprit was found out to be a loose CPU fan. As soon as that was fixed the CPU usage went back to normal.

Do let me know if this works for you.

Regards

OP
R

Rasper

Broken In
well i m postin this a lil bit... coz i had a prob. getting nero... finally i got it i ran da spped test on my drives... well here they are ...C:\ 3417 kb/s...., D:\3596 kb\s...., E:\ 2995 kb\s.... and f:\ 3046 bk\s..... this were da drive spped shown on nero speed test... although there is no improvement in my computer... somebody plz help...

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
i am facing this problem right now one thing that i did was downloaded
*www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
this program is a startup manager
i ran it and disabled all programs that were not required and aleaned up my desktop which was full of files now though my problem has not been solved my computer runs fine
the only problem left is it takes 4-5 minutes to startup after that it
works fine even im lookin for a solution

OP
R

Rasper

Broken In
well it takes a lot of time time to copy anything from one drive to another and when the moving is in progress to any type of drive i cant even start da media player .. it has gone that bad... i even re installed the OS but was of no use.. could anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom