The Matrix: Path of Neo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
After controlling all sorts of unimportant Matrix characters, Atari finally allows to become The One

It's been awhile since we've seen the wrap-up of the big-screen Matrix trilogy from the Wachowski Brothers, a sci-fi trilogy that has been up in arms in terms of its quality. Some people think it's the finest science fiction trilogy created; others found themselves disappointed in the downhill slide of quality since the introduction of The Matrix Reloaded. But it remains a phenomenon, on DVD as well as in video game format. 2003's release of Enter the Matrix, while flawed in areas, still sold a boatload, and Sega's forthcoming The Matrix Online is ready to take the MMORPG world by storm. Now, Atari is bringing us another title, but this one will certainly let us be the one. You can say "Whoa" now.

The Matrix: Path of Neo is a game that many fans of the series have been clamoring for, as it will finally put them in the shoes of the main hero, a hacker by the name of Neo who somehow possesses gigantic superhuman strengths in the digital realm. The game will walk you through different scenarios from all three Matrix films, and will also include sequences that are brand new to the formula, allowing Neo to kick as much virtual ass as he can without taking enough damage to get himself killed in the process.

A lot of work is going into Path of Neo to assure that it doesn't suffer from the same criticism as Enter the Matrix. Shiny Entertainment is back at the helm, and is working closely with the films' directing team, the Wachowski Brothers, to keep as true to the trilogy's themes as possible. In fact, the game includes several new "consequence" sequences depending on your actions throughout, scripted by the Wachowskis themselves. Joel Silver, the producer of the films, will also lend a hand in terms of advisory assistance.

Shiny is working to make sure that the look of Path of Neo is true to the style of The Matrix. The game will feature digital recreations of the actors from the film, including Neo's Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne, returning yet again as Morpheus, among others. It will also include movie clips from the three films, as well as clips from The Animatrix, a collection of animated pieces based on the storyline.

But the game's general focus will be on action, and although details haven't gone into the stages as of yet, you can expect a wild mixture of shooting sequences and butt-kicking fights. Who knows? Path of Neo may somehow recreate such stunning film sequences as the helicopter rescue from the first film or the Neo vs. 100 Agent Smiths brawl in The Matrix Reloaded. The possibilities are endless.

Whether the game can leapfrog over the complaints of Enter the Matrix or the flawed later films has yet to be seen, as there are a few of you who didn't think too fondly about either. However, hope springs eternal, as Shiny and Atari are finally giving you the chance to control The One. Look for further reports on this game soon, just as soon as we can hack into the experience.

well Atari ruined the first game ,hope they don't repeat it this time

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Now thats some good news! I will be eagerly waiting for this title. And also hoping that it doesnt turn out to be another "EtM". I still get taunted by my friends whom I recommended playing that game.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
it was only announced a few days back by atari . they hope to release the game by the end of 2005.

goobimama

 Macboy
its a bit too late maybe. The matrix trilogy has come and gone.

--------------
*www.rollaword.com/firefoxsig.jpg
Rollaword.com

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I'll believe it when I see it. I burned my fingers with spending 1500 bucks on a cool-looking game that turned to be a console port of the horrible kind.

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Wow...cool news....seems like the game is about to be released by Q4 2005, i hope the game will be good enough....

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
the movies have ended and the games have just begun. Matrix online is releasing shortly which promises to continue the story of the triology and by end 2005 we will have the path of neo game

DKant

In the zone
End of 2K5. Good. I might have gotten that elusive upgrade by then. ;)

P.S: I'm sure that it wld be better than EtM. Part of the letdown (apart from the controls and the flat tyres) was that Neo wasn't featured newhere in the game. Noone knew who Niobe and Jackal were back then. So that was another thing. This time around however, it's all about Neo. So it wld surely be far more engrossing, storywise atleast. Let's just hope they pay enough attention to the gameplay. :)

DKant

In the zone
New version? Don't tell me Zion's been destroyed again! :D

Hmmm..then that wld mean we belong to the group of 7 men (alongwith the 22 or whatever no. of women) chosen to resurrect Zion and the Matrix. Geez..big job on our hands! :D Gotta get some good sleep b4 we begin. ;)

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
DKant said:
New version? Don't tell me Zion's been destroyed again! :D

Hmmm..then that wld mean we belong to the group of 7 men (alongwith the 22 or whatever no. of women) chosen to resurrect Zion and the Matrix. Geez..big job on our hands! :D Gotta get some good sleep b4 we begin. ;)

Cool new game like Sims :D . u r one in the group :D u flirt with other members of the group, marry , raise children, manage time help in resurrection of Zion ...................hmmm not a bad idea .and the game will be called SIMS: Resurrection of ZION :D 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom