The Lost DRIVE ..HELP !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilesh4u

Right off the assembly line
Guys , I was Formatting the C drive the Other day . But when I got OS installed finally..I found my 'E' Drive was missing , Which had all the important softwares in it. I guess that also got formatted.
Are there any steps to retrieve the Lost DRIVE ?

1. I had "two" OS earlier installed, Now I have only "one".
2. I formatted C drive and continued installing the new OS in that.
3. After installing i formatted F drive , in which other OS was present.

Now I got my E drive Formatted but dont know how.. HELP !

-:Nilesh:-

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well if u cant see the Whole E drive then just right click on the My Computer then click manage and then nagigate to disk management on the left hand side..

*img170.imageshack.us/img170/2226/diskmanagementgu9.th.jpg

now if u find any drive is not yet asinged a letter, then just right click on it to asign a drive letter...

but if u can see the driver but u feel the content is missing then bro u have to work hard with Data recovery softwares like *www.stellarinfo.com/ to scan the HDD to recover data...

also u havnet mentioned the OS.. see if u r running Windows 98, u cant view/read NTFS partition.. also if u were in Linux some partition may not be accessible by Windows....

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
nilesh4u said:
Guys , I was Formatting the C drive the Other day . But when I got OS installed finally..I found my 'E' Drive was missing , Which had all the important softwares in it. I guess that also got formatted.
Are there any steps to retrieve the Lost DRIVE ?

1. I had "two" OS earlier installed, Now I have only "one".
2. I formatted C drive and continued installing the new OS in that.
3. After installing i formatted F drive , in which other OS was present.

Now I got my E drive Formatted but dont know how.. HELP !

-:Nilesh:-

How many partitions u had??

U can recover ur imp s/w....but then u will need another HDD to recover the s/w....u can use stellar pheonix s/w to recover the stuff....but now do not write anything on the drive..else u mi8 loose some of data....

first now do one think...d/l stellar pheonix frm its site (will be demo)...adn check for lost partitions and s/w using it....see how much u can recover...then u can get the full version and recover....
CAUTION: U should not recoverto same HDD.

OP
N

nilesh4u

Right off the assembly line
Heylo Saurav,wizloz !

Dude I got four drives .C,D,E,F . As i lost my E drivee. I renamed the "Automatically formatted E drive " as 'I' drive.
I use the Software you guys told and i got some folders from that Drive. But problem is they are not active. I mean the Pic recovered is not opening.
Even video files are not opening.The Powerpoint Presentations,Excel files are not supported by office now.
What should I do now ?

Waiting for your reply .
Chow !

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Nilesh4u said:
I use the Software you guys told and i got some folders from that Drive. But problem is they are not active. I mean the Pic recovered is not opening.

ooppsss nothing much can be done now.. Steller works for most of us (Demo Wont do, u need a full pro version)..

u may google for other software like Steller regarding HDD data recovery... try with different softwares, they may work out...

ur opitons are less... only to get a HDD recovery software and try to get the data back... u have to try different softwares to see which works for u...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
with stellar u can recover just the image or the file itself....i also had some problem... with it.....try both...selecting forders form right panel and then with left panel....by some way it recovers files itslef and with other images of file ...which cannot be opened...so try.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom