The Linux Counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Since we have quite a few folks on the forums moving to linux,
I thought we could have a thread where we could list all registered linux users.

For those who dont know where to register,
The Linux counter @ *counter.li.org/
maintains a list of all registered linux users.

And according to it ,
There are 140526 persons registered.
and India currently has 2769 users.

*counter.li.org/reports/all-users.png

1. rayraven -#431442
2. The Unknown - #467572
3. abhinandh - #468642
4. phreak0ut - #468643
5. FilledVoid - #461740
6. hullap - #467643
7. Cool G5 - #468647
8. Sunny1211993 - #468772
9. Garbage - #468778

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
^First post, And ok i wont put added. :p
Hm.. cool. you need not say added to everyone. :) just modify your post. let my xam tomorrow finish and I will write a web-based program where we can add linux users which will show up on a page.

praka123

left this forum longback
I dont really care for this endeavour.'coz we cannot really,accurately count the Linux users.really!!!
still,I had registered there(forgot,its 4-5 yrs back :p ).
rather than carrying "registered linux user" in ur siggy,why dont we carry some promos like *getgnulinux.org or *whylinuxisbetter.net ?it atleast let others know about Linux :)

PcEnthu

Linux Learner
@Praka, I just referred the Disk fragmentation section of the 'Why linux is better' site. The explanation for the fragmentation problem is quite ambiguous.

she keeps track, on a piece of paper, of contiguous empty drawers. When a new file arrives, she searches this list for a sufficiently long row of empty drawers, and this is where the file is placed. In this way, provided there is enough activity, the file cabinet is always tidy.

1. Surely there will be situations where there will be no "contiguous empty drawers" to store a large file and the OS will be forced to store the file in random locations

2. Is it logical to think that, windows will not store the files in contiguous empty spaces and will always store in random empty places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom