The guide 2 a perfect assembled PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

[flAsh]

In the zone
Well as the new games approach we all think of selling the old one and buying the new one. SO I think we need a perfect PC buying guide

First of all 4 those with tight budgets having maximum of 35K

AMD fans :

Processor : AMD ATHLON 64 3000+ (S-939)
Motherboard: MSI RS480-M2
GFX card : NA
Sound Card : NA
RAM : Transcend / Genuine Hynix 512MB PC3200 DDR400 RAM
HDD: Seagate/Samsung/Matrox/Hitachi 80GB SATA HDD
CD/DVD : LiteOn/Sony 52x32x52x16x Combo Drive
Speaker System : I leave on U 2 select
Monitor : a 17" monitor
Mouse and Keyboard : Bundle from Logitech or Microsoft

Intel Fans :

Processor : Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz with HT
Motherboard : ASUS P4P-800 E delxue/ MSI 865 PE neo2 PLS
ASUS P4C 800/ MSI 875 P neo
(or u can eliminate the need of a GFX card by using ASUSP4R800-V Deluxe)

GFX card : ASUS Radeon 9550/9600/9600pro
RAM : Transcend / Genuine Hynix (256*2 in dual channel)
HDD : HDD: Seagate/Samsung/Matrox/Hitachi 80GB SATA HDD
CD/DVD : LiteOn/Sony 52x32x52x16x Combo Drive
Speaker System : I leave on U 2 select
Monitor : a 17" monitor
Mouse and Keyboard : Bundle from Logitech or Microsoft
Sound Card : NA

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
Well 1st of all I wud like to specify in the above config why I chose those components:

In AMD config

Athlon 64 3000+ (S-939) is clocked 1.8 GHz and has dual channel meory controller on die thus theoritically killing any bandwidth bottlenecks.
It overclocks nicely and has low heat emits less heat than Intel 3.0Ghz prescott. It has 512KB full speed L2 cache.

The Mobo is based on ATi RS-480 chipset which is designed to exploit the advantage of PCI-E for AMD A64 machies. It features X300 class GPU onboard alongwith a PCI-Ex16 slot. Another Good feature is that when U plug a ATi GFX card in it , U can use the onboard GPU alongwith GFX card to render the Graphics simultaneously and it provides u upto 4 monitors output. It features SATA with RAID features including RAID 5. The onboard ethernet is 10/100 MBPS standard ethernet. Apart from this a 6-channel Audio which is quite common these days. The product has overclocking friendly BIOS and Might feature DOT. 8 USB 2.0 ports are provided as regular.

Buy 2*256MB DDR400 or DDR433 SDRAM (if u hav OC in mind). The dual channel advantage is quite prominent.

The role of rest of the is known 2 everybody So no intro here

The Intel machine

The processor ie P4 2.4 Ghz with HT has full speed 512KB and is based on Northwood Core which is the most OC friendly core of P4. It has gr8 OC abilities (I personally Overclcoked this processor to 3.4 GHz which translates into huge performance and saves a lot of money as well)
Anyways even at stock speeds this processor can run games like Doom3 and Half-life2 easily.

MOBO: ASUS P4P-800 E delxue/ MSI 865 PE neo2 PLS (865PE)
ASUS P4C 800/ MSI 875 P neo (875P)
Although the motherboard here don't have onboard GPU but keep it in mind that 4 OC a mobo having no GPU is better than one having GPU (By No GPU I mean that even if mobo has onboard GPU it shu b disabled) This pulls off significant strain from both processor and NorthBridge providing that extra room for OC.

But if u r too tight on budget u can buy ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe which has onboard Radeon 9100 class GPU and performs nicely ; BUT THEN THIS CHIPSET IS NOT THAT GOOD FOR OC AS ARE INTEL CHIPSETS ie 865PE and 875P

DONOT GO FOR 865G IN ANY CASE B'COZ MOBO'S HAVING THIS CHIPSET RARELY FEATURE ANY OC ABILITY.

Well 4 GFX card there is a wide choice from FX5200 thru FX5700LE to FX5700 and ATi Radeon 9550 thru 9600 to 9600pro. Select the GFX card on the amount of gaming u do. These cards hav nominal price difference in them.

I wud recommend 2 go 4 a ASUS Radeon 9600 pro having 128 MB DDR SDRAM. As ASUS has good Build quality the card won't suffer from overheating and this card easily beats out FX5700 and FX5700LE

Biplav

In the zone
@sidewinder:
p4 2.4 ht is available. maybe (yah may be- i am not sure)intel might have stopped manufacturing it but it is very well prevelant in the market. atleast it is available in bhubaneswar and kolkata. the 2.2 is really difficult to find.

rohanbee

Padawan
I agree with sidewinder the Pentium hyper threading is called the Prescott and this comes in from 3.0ghz and above only.

But you do get Hyper threading from 2.4 onwards upto 3.4ghz in the Northwood processor so even our dear friend Flash is right.

cheers!!! :)

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
[flAsh said:
]Well 1st of all I wud like to specify in the above config why I chose those components:

The Mobo is based on ATi RS-480 chipset which is designed to exploit the advantage of PCI-E for AMD A64 machies. It features X300 class GPU onboard alongwith a PCI-Ex16 slot.

The mobo MSI RS480M2-IL uses X200 series onboard GPU and not X300.
I am currently using the same mobo for my new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom