The great Compression tool Battle! 7-Zip Vs WinRAR !!!

What Compression Tool Do U prefer to Use ???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashis

In the zone
Ultimate Compressing tool In The Market Right Now!

7-Zip <-> WinRAR

7-Zip is an open Source Product Which provides A very high Compression Ratio ( Takes a little more Time than WinRAR ) & The Open Source Ensures The Zip File Will Be Readable long In The Future When U Will Be Using Pentium - 10 ! :idea:

WinRAR on the other hand Provides Competative Compression ratio & fast Compression But With A Licencing Charge Of Course :idea:

Which one Will U Go For :?: :?: :?:

Your VOTE Counts :arrow:

swatkat

Technomancer
Previously using WinZIP.
But now switched to WinUHA,Ultimate compression tool.
Has the power of UHA, nothing comes close.
*www.klaimsoft.com/winuha/

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
I use WinRAR!

I think its the best thing out there, I use WinZIP only for portable files due to compatibility issues with other people n their PCs.

For large stuff i create SFXs inWinRAR n add icons n text n many other things to the archive!!! :p

theraven

Technomancer
iw as gettin confused between compression tools and formats :D
between those 2 ?
neither :D
actually used winrar and quit
advantage: iso support
disadvantage: shareware , i dun want ISO support i use ultraISO
solution: POWERARCHIVER !

G

gxsaurav

it depends compleately on the Dictionary size, RAR uses 4 MB while 7-Zip uses 32 MB, UHA is all dos based so i guess it uses about 40 MB cos uha are very close to LZMA (7-Zip)

7-Zip is good for distribution on the internet, as U can simply make a 7Z self extracting file, smaller in size then Winrar, however distributing .7z files is useless due to low popularity

I used WInzip & WinRAR both, but when Winznip 9 came I siwtched to WinRAR & using it till now

Slam Team

Journeyman
Best is WinRar ...It has background archiving and compresses more than Winzip... I dint try UHA format yet... most of the copied games I have come across were compressed using UHA... Will be tryin it soon.. 8)

OP
Ashis

Ashis

In the zone
theraven said:
iw as gettin confused between compression tools and formats :D
between those 2 ?
neither :D
actually used winrar and quit
advantage: iso support
disadvantage: shareware , i dun want ISO support i use ultraISO
solution: POWERARCHIVER !

Hey Same Situation hear... So I Got A Good Solution Use Both Of Them :lol:
7-Zip for Compressing & WinRAR For DeCompressing

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Winzip 9 with combination of winrar for ISO support is the best for me. Even use windows inbuilt File Compression and it does even get the job done...Only bother is the few extra clicks to get the work .

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Indyan said:
UHARC is the best i hav found.
This poll is bad as there isnt no others option.
I havent tested 7-zi but heard a lot bout it.

Well using uharc and myth 5 cd's of far cry was compressed to 3 cd's by these warez people.

UHARC is very very good. But the far cry 3CD is not due to UHARC its due to the fact that they ripped out the cut scenes and some sounds thats why they got it to 3 CDs

OP
Ashis

Ashis

In the zone
Indyan said:
UHARC is the best i hav found.
This poll is bad as there isnt no others option.
I havent tested 7-zi but heard a lot bout it.

Well using uharc and myth 5 cd's of far cry was compressed to 3 cd's by these warez people.

WoW.............. I just wannwd to know the Views bout WinRAR & 7-Zip,

Sorry I Did'nt Mention UR Favorite Tool! :idea:

But Whats The Deal... What Makes UHARC so Cool :?: :?: :?:

Just Curious.....

How Many Of U have Purchased WinRAR....???

And Don't Tell Me 40 Days Love Affair(Trial Period) Makes It(WinRAR) UR Favorite

swatkat

Technomancer
Why UHA is best.Check the comparo here.It's in some other language,u can translate.
Though UHA is the slowest,it gives good compression.Actually UHARC is a Command line tool and WinUHA is GUI based tool for UHARC.

Actually,there's another compression tool/format which gives more compresion than UHA.It's called WinUDA with the format being UDA.I have got it now,and i will try that out.It's a 25kb program!

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Swatkat, thanks for the info on WinUDA..had no idea about it.
icecoolz said:
UHARC is very very good. But the far cry 3CD is not due to UHARC its due to the fact that they ripped out the cut scenes and some sounds thats why they got it to 3 CDs
Nothing is cut out, otherwise the NFO would mention it. It's possible!
For example, I've compressed Tron 2.0 from 2.6GB to 650MB using just WinRAR.
My fav is WinRAR, easy interface + recovery console included. Also, the "best compression" mode is almost as good as UHARC.
The best ever compression I've seen so far is the game Shellshock:'Nam '67 - 3.3GB
to just 219 MB using UHARC. I'd love to see what WinUDA will be able to compress the same to!!

GameAddict

In the zone
Better then WinRAR?

Hi,

Had this question some time back, that WinRAR gives best Compression, but is there anything better then WinRAR?

Found another software which *claims* to give better then WinRAR and is called 'Squeeze'. Sorry, don't have the link! But if somebody has used it, please post the your opinion about thier 'claim'.

And how about WinACE, very close to WinRAR, but is it better in some cases/files?

Bye!

GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom