The first DX10 game announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Back in September 2005, at the PDC Microsoft Conference, CryTek, developers of Far Cry, released a movie that showcased some of the capabilities of the Cry Engine 2 under DirectX 10 API: dynamic day/night cycle, fully interactive enviroments, sunrays and diffuse transmission, real time soft shadows, soft particles, interactive/destructrible enviroments, volumetric clouds, and advanced shader technology. Courtesy of DocSEAL, we have the official version of the movie (hi-res version), along with a German video interview with Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek, Sten Hübler, Lead Level Designer, and Bernd Diemer, Game Designer. The game is named Crysis and will be shipping, as the first DX10 enabled game, in Q4 2006. We have the first screenshots from the game, screenshots that were exclusive to the latest Gamestar magazine issue released today.

some images

*cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots/9451/200364_full.jpg

*cerberus.gamershell.com/screenshots/9451/200362_full.jpg

source :
*gamershell.com/news/27536.html

DX10 looks awesome. And looks like Cryotec are at it again. More images are available at the above location. There were a couple of video demos which got removed from the gamershell site upon cryotec's request ;) So all you 7800 and above card owners out there (including me!!!!) get ready for an upgrade!!! The game looks stunning...wonder what more the engine is capable of !!!

Sourabh

Laptoping
Wonder when we would see the first glimpse of dx10 cards. probably wait a lil longer when vista is about to release in the end of 2006.

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
might be 2007. Thats what the beta of DX10 people are saying. A year from now. Gotta admit tho. It looks stunning!

vmp_vivek

In the zone
By the way, new X1900 series of ATI has been announced, and the X1900 Crossfire has GROUNDBREAKING performance, in which it has easily outbeaten Nvidia 7800 GTX. You can check all that here:
*www.gamespot.com/features/6142842/p-2.html

See the results ? NOW, I can say that this range of cards ARE ready for the CRYTECH's new upcoming engines. :D 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom