The "Earphone and Headphone Buying Advice" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanekiller

Broken In
I finally bought the T610 1GB. It's great, but the earphones are - PATHETIC.. No bass at all. Now I really need a good pair of earphones/headphones..
I would like to clear a doubt first..

Are flash based players supposed to be used with proper speakers and big headphones?? Is there any negative effect on the player due to this?

Now, I need to buy some earphones or headphones. My budget is 500, but I will extend it if there's real value for money in the product I'm buying. I listen mainly to alternative/heavy metal music, so naturally, i want good bass.
And I don't care about the looks of the phones.

Which company/model will be suitable? I've heard that the best company is Koss. But maybe Koss is not available in India.

Looking forward to solutions....

Kniwor

Learner
I dont think it matters what headphones you use, to the player....

Here are a few to choose from, never tried any, so u might wanna get a second opinion. Though I think Altec Lansing will not disappoint you.

*www.theitdepot.com/all_product.php?cat=19&PHPSESSID=38218896aa8aa60dbddb8e0363118142

prasad_den

Padawan
1st no for the first question you asked.. and 2nd no for the 2nd question..!! Thats what it means, I think..

ilugd said:
what was the cost of the player? I plan to buy one too

1GB model costs around 2.1 K.. And the 2GB one comes to around 3.2 K..

Last edited:
OP
insanekiller

insanekiller

Broken In
@prasad - No, it can't possibly mean that.. They would contradict each other then..

And what about Sony earphones? Are they nice??

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah sony earphones are good but try to get one that sits in the ear canal and dont feel bulky.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
In the setting menu of the tsonic 610, goto the EQ, select User EQ.
In the same settings menu goto User EQ and increase the first bar to max. This will increase the bass and will sound good in low volumes with the punching effect pronounced clear.

royal

Padawan
infra_red_dude said:
u can try creative ep630. they are in ear phones and sound reasonably well. they cost ~1k and are very popular now.

Good choice. However you can also go for SONY :cool:

OP
insanekiller

insanekiller

Broken In
Do any of you use Sony or Creative earphones? If you do, then please tell me the exact model number and whether you are satisfied with it.

And what about Koss??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom