Status
Not open for further replies.

blackleopard92

In the zone
Hi people.
Due to pathetic state of cricket games being thrown upon us by EA/Codemasters ,a cricket fan, Legend_master(Paul) decided to take it onto himself to make a cricket game worthy playing.
He initially tread this path alone, but soon asked for help and encouragement form Planetcricket community which planet cricket memebers whole heartedly gave.

Now the game is nearing quality and depth which EA/Codemasters can't
even imagine :D :D .In fact they have started asking help from Planetcricket
members for advice on improving the game.

Anyways, we will be glad for any encouragement /help form Digit community.
This game is by community for community.

*www.thecricketproject.com/

The forums
*www.planetcricket.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
When will this game be available for US :)

What will be the price range???
I am ready for giving out suggestions but where to giv them......here or on that site u mentioned...... ???

Dumbledore

Journeyman
all the best for the superior brain and honourable heart of the creator of the great game. My humble heart leaps with happiness after i read the post on the honourable link given by you.

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Its really good to see someone soo interested in making a great Cricket game.
I howeevr feel that a few changes to Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 could make for a great game!

This has to be a first that fans have decided to make their own game, being a long time FIFA as well as PES editor and player..there have always been talks to make a football game for the masses, but since PES does a pretty good job, we guys stick to it!

Hope BLIC does the samefor Cricket, coz licensing and the oder stuff does matter when kids play, we guys dont mind it..but my younger bor loves to play even wid a Moustached Sachin in Cricket 2005!

OP
blackleopard92

blackleopard92

In the zone
Sorry for late reply.My comp crashed.

Some Pts:
Visit the forums.There's the real action.Post your comments in forums.
The game may be free or have nominal charge.
Maybe release around end of year.
The web link is given above but i wll post it again.
<forums>
*www.planetcricket.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106

The teams will be real if game is free.However if it is paid, then expect a patch release simulataneously. :wink:

The screenshots are from early stages of game.the graphics engine hasn't been implemented truly in large no of them.In fact there are some screens which have been recently uploaded that have hi re-slightining applied.Yet to implement shading engine.
Don't view those videos, they are old.
Maybe today a new video will be uploaded.

The game's strength lies in its gameplay.here are some extracts:

if you are bowling:
---------------

Pace bowlers:
there is a graphical icon of the 3d ball which has a shiny side etc. - user can rotate this ball icon to how they want it orientated when it is bowled - as suggested, the resulting movement of the ball is randomised, influenced by various stats and other factors. There will be a bowling marker which you will position where you would like it to pitch. You can choose which kind of delivery you intend to bowl (if your bowler has a zero stat for a type of delivery then it will not be available) - normal straight, leg cutter, off cutter...then you will have a powerbar similar to the batting power bar which will determine how much 'intended speed' you want the ball to travel at. So while all of this is controllable, it is only 'intended', nothing is guaranteed...also, if you can spin and do pace then you will be offered an option of which kind you want to choose before you start...Push the button for the bowler to start runup then push again to make him bowl. If you are too late then the foot will go over the line and no ball will be called.

Spinners:
spinners will be slightly different. You will choose what kind of delivery to bowl(based on what is available to you - determined by stats over zero) - again, if you can spin and do pace then you will be offered an option of which kind you want to choose. You will then choose where you want to position the marker - this is the intended spot for where the ball will land. Push the button for the bowler to start runup then push again to make him bowl. If you are too late then the foot will go over the line and no ball will be called. A powerbar will come up and this will decide how much 'rip' you want to put in. Better bowlers will have a slower rising powerbar so you have more control over it. If it goes to the max of the red zone in the bar then the ball will be a 'loose delivery' and will be easily sloggable...this is an incentive to avoid going for too much...same applies for the pace bowlers too..basically the rule of thumb with the powerbar - for batting and bowling, is the more power/rip etc you put in (i.e. the deeper into the red zone you go) the more wayward the delivery - the more it will be NOT what you wanted or expected...

If you are batting:
--------------

when batting you will only see the marker very late (marker can be turned off in the options as well) and you will also get a 'best judgement' icon of how your batsman thinks the ball will turn, swing or seam...you wont know exactly what kind of ball the bowler is bowling or exactly where it will land..

there is always 'chaos' in all of this - nothing is ever 100% - so even Glenn Mcgrath wont get the ball in exactly the spot he wants 100% of the time.

Comments welcome, though i really like this system hehe...

View those forums to get what this hoop hulla is all about.Also why BLC/c2k05 is shit

OP
blackleopard92

blackleopard92

In the zone
There's a regular feature of Friday's screens at the forums, where we put up screens as the game develops, browse through them and see how the game developed.

nix:The game is being created by a single person, who had put in 2 yr to develop it to present level.
And has all intentions to make it free.Isn't it enough??

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
blackleopard92 said:
There's a regular feature of Friday's screens at the forums, where we put up screens as the game develops, browse through them and see how the game developed.

nix:The game is being created by a single person, who had put in 2 yr to develop it to present level.
And has all intentions to make it free.Isn't it enough??

MARVELLOUS :p :eek: where is he from and whats his qualification....i owuld like to know more abt it.........

JUST S SUGGESTION=>
Rather than having marker for bowler on the pitch...we can remove it and keep a button to bowl the ball when bowler is just to bowl it , the time when the button is pressed the bowl will be released.....means if it is pressed when arm is straight(full height) he can bowl yorkers....if to late then a drastic bouncer :wink: .......the line can be decided by vertical lines on the pitch which should be selected before run up starts :D...BUT THIS CAN BE IMPLEMENTED FOR HARDER LEVEL OF PLAY. ...by this not every bowler can be MC GRATH and not every bowler will get loop of Shane Warne :wink: ...what say

OP
blackleopard92

blackleopard92

In the zone
wizrulz:
Batting , bowling is all proability.i.e If u select a delivery, the game works on the various factors( such as comfort, skill, weather, conditions, tension and lots more) to find proability of ball doing the intented thing.

Similarly, when batting the cursor visibility/correctness will also depend on the skills and various factors of the batsman.
I.E. A top order batsman will generally be correct about where the ball will pitch, while a tailender will have no idea whatsover about where the ball goes.
The bowling cursor will, in the final release, be visible at time when the bowlerl is just going to ball for a good batsman.It might not be visible to tailender. :D :wink:

OP
blackleopard92

blackleopard92

In the zone
A new video has been added. watch it
go to videos section on

Discuss it

*www.planetcricket.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom