The Best Linux Security Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
"You can never be too safe these days. Viruses, spyware, rootkits, remote exploits, you just never know what security issue is going to be your downfall. Thats why it is important as a Linux administrator to have an understanding of some of the best Linux security tools available to you."

*www.foogazi.com/2007/01/03/the-best-linux-security-tools/

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
It's a nice article. It will be helpful to lots of people. Some of these tools take a while to learn. I hardly know to use some of them :p
They are really nice tools if you know to use them.
Would tools like netstat and whois come under this?

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
~Phenom~ said:
its strange but nice to see this by an MVP. lol.

when i joined up this forum, i didnt know a thing about xp. mvp just hapnd
and it felt nice ! :)

i think the open-source community here is also a vibrant and an open one; hopefully, i shud be able to learn a litl more about it from u guys ;-)

i wish though that the mac guys here were a litle more tolerant. y do i get the feeling that one or two here, just dont like it even if a word is uttered about mac by non-mac users :-(

but...thanx ! :D

eddie

El mooooo
anandk said:
y do i get the feeling that one or two here, just dont like it even if a word is uttered about mac by non-mac users :-(
B'cos they are one or two :p
They create enough noise to make people believe that they are in majority. Hehehe...

Jokes aside...a very nice post. Reps from my side :)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Some of these tools are already available in Ubuntu Linux. I have tested some of them.
Anyway thanks for the link.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Really nice link anand, hope to see you posting & contributing more to the open source movement
reps from my side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom