The best flap mobile-plz suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisjr

In the zone
Hi,
well i am gonna buy a new flap phone...i am using a nokia 6610 since sometime.I have been a loyal customer of nokia since ages.but its time for a change..does anybody have any idea which is the best Flap mobile phone around.I am not gonna buy from here so name the ones u have seen anywer also.I have zeroed in on few companies,namely

1.Nokia
2.Sony ericsson
3.Motorola(moto razor)
4.Samsung

I have never used a phone beyond nokia so am naming all the other companies.Plz also tell me if there would be any price difference between here and Singapore(frm wer am gonna buy) market...

P.S.. My budegt is within 15k
It should have a good quality camera,big sceen,user friendly(like nokia),durable(like nokia :wink: )......

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm, i presume that u want a clampshell model;

See nokia 6260, see the review here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12921

It costs a little over 15k.
---
Moto razr V3 will cost well above 15k, i think it will cost around 20k.
---

Sony erisson Z200/Z600
is an option, but it looks bulky and have compactiblity issues.
---
Samung E700 is also an option., It costs around 14k.

My suggestion:
Go for nokia 6260 (see the review, and decide for yourself)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yup me too seconding Doc's View.....As the Samsung and SE Pieces Are a Total Cr@p.....No large Display that u need is present in it.....But i would prefer u rather stay away from these calmshell one's as They have a very delicate pieces and if handled roughly may tend to break causing a major setback for u.....Plus if U are importin one from Singpore i guess the prices will be much lower....If ur in Mumbai Try Visting Alpha its a excellent shop wherein they order such custom notified goods at quite reasonable prices....Plus u can very well inquire abt thier price diff as well :wink:

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
allwyndlima said:
Yup me too seconding Doc's View.....As the Samsung and SE Pieces Are a Total Cr@p.....No large Display that u need is present in it.....But i would prefer u rather stay away from these calmshell one's as They have a very delicate pieces and if handled roughly may tend to break causing a major setback for u.....Plus if U are importin one from Singpore i guess the prices will be much lower....If ur in Mumbai Try Visting Alpha its a excellent shop wherein they order such custom notified goods at quite reasonable prices....Plus u can very well inquire abt thier price diff as well :wink:

hi,
tx dudes for those replies..well yeah i have checked that nokia model..i dont know wats clampshell(i think its the same-flap ones)..y do u say SE is crap..delicate or not,i have no idea.I have never used those flap(clampshell) type models..Se i think has better pic quality,wudnt u say...I am applying the logic of Sony Tv(its pic quality is unbeatable),concurrently i am thinking the sony phones wud also hav gud pic quality..I hav seen one camera sony phone though..The design isint that appealing,antenna jutting out,large screen,pic quality ok....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Lol...mate that logic aint applicable always though....cause just to Tell ya that SE Is not just Sony co-op But a Joint venture with Ericcsson....and to tell ya more both have equal hands in Mfg the product as such....Agreed That Sony TV Clarity is Unbeatable but The Tv Clarity issue and The Mobile Clarity issues are separate parts as u cant expect the same picture tube Of A Sony Tv to be available in a Sony Mobile phone (not that it ever can though :lol:)....Both are mfg separately and differently....plus SE pieces arent that good at its clarity comparing it to nokia pieces....so well i gave ya my choice of exp and now its totally up for ur calls mate :wink:

Also the best way to find out is to stroll through some mobile selling shops and watching and observing the pieces for urself and then decide upon it :wink:

foreveranuj

Broken In
LG

Go for LG flip-open ones...fearlessly!
They're AMAZING to look at and user friendly...filled with features.

Its surprising that no one talks of LG!

Regards
Anuj

theraven

Technomancer
bah
SE isnt crap thats for sure
but dont go for anything beyond nokia and SE ....
they all suck IMO

my opinion abt the 6260 ... is good .. but yet i dun see myself recommending it to everyone
its not a phone for everyone
do read the negative points of the phone in the review written by grudge .... they are from a first hand user ( me )
the 7270 is also a "CLAMSHELL" phone ... check it out .. i havent looked into it yet
btw dun go for it just cuz its a clamshell phone ... u could possibly miss out on certain things
tho i can understand the fetish abt clamshells. . i think they look real awesome !

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
well raven maybe wat u saying is true that i will miss out on some features..but yeah its awesome..something i wud cherish..which is y u wud see in all hollywood movies(new ones),they use flip mobiles..its cool..but wat i wanted is an external lcd and big internal LCD,good quality camera,all types of connectivity(IR,bluetooth etc)..i can stretch upto 17k,that in indian rupees..I hav no idea how much is the price diff in singapore mkt(frm wer ill get the phone)..am not buying here for sure.hoping to get a good bargain.If u all know anybody who has good electronc goods frm singapore then plz do ask abt the price diff in INR..reg the nokia 6260 is ofcourse-lots of space left for nothing..tey cud hav gone for bigger screen,bettr layout of button.I found that the "C" button is in the upper half of phone,so while canceling something wen ur smsng,u hav to stretch ur finger up and thats odd...I dont know abt u guys,but i found it painfull..looks wise its bit boxy type and on the heavier side..which is why being a nokia fan,am still looking at other cos.....

@MI2 prob ur right mate..ya that sony tv logic-take that figuratively:D

theraven

Technomancer
then 6260 is not ur choice
it doestn have dual lcd's ... it is fully loaded with everything else tho
the screen size is standard
and yeah the other negates ive mentioned in the review by grudge ...

anyways i didnt recommend u that phone in the first place :p
check out the SE line up like i said before

drgrudge

krisjr said:
but wat i wanted is an external lcd and big internal LCD
I think samsung CDMA phone has this option, it has two LCD's.

krisjr said:
all types of connectivity(IR,bluetooth etc)..
hmm.., nokia has either IRDa or bluetooth in their phones, not both.

theraven said:
check out the SE line up like i said before
SE's clampshell phones suck, it is bulky have u seen the Z 200/600 phones, it sucks. The red color thing, is what i dont like abt these phones.

Maybe get E600 of samsung, it's good if u dont want to get nokia 6260, but even that doesnt has dual LCD's.

Or get a LG/Samsung CDMA phone, which has dual LCD's, and available with reliance and TATA.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
drgrudge said:
hmm.., nokia has either IRDa or bluetooth in their phones, not both.
Yup Nokia clamshell either supports Irda or Bluetooth....but SE's Z800 (N/A In india) Has Both bluetooth and Irda with a 1.3Megapixel Cam :wink:
drgrudge said:
SE's clampshell phones suck, it is bulky have u seen the Z 200/600 phones, it sucks. The red color thing, is what i dont like abt these phones.
The Z200 that my friend had was a total lamer....the display too sucked badly.....Desgin screwed up....functions not easy to catch up with at first....damm thats what i hate abt em :D
drgrudge said:
Or get a LG/Samsung CDMA phone, which has dual LCD's, and available with reliance and TATA.
Yup well if nothing else goes this will be ur final go....The LG clamshell pieces are of good contrast and clarity....but screen is sorta small :wink:

Also samsung has Dual Lcd Gsm phones....but most of em havent been released so far....let alone thier poplarity *www.gsmarena.com/samsung-phones-9.php check out some of thier models :wink:

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
hey tx guys(raven,mi2,dr) for ur valuable suggestions..ya reg that connectivity,i didnt know that(i.e nokia doesnt have both--how mean)..but hey doesnt IR suck..i hav tried umpteenth times to mate :D my present nokia 6610 with other ir capable phones,but it wont transfer anything..i dont know wats the prob..i keep it aligned properly etc etc but still no go..which is why i am looking at bluetooth option.I also hav nokia 7610,i tried bluetooth and it worked well..but that phone is bulky and doesnt fit in my pockets also..hey guys moto razor has cam or wat..it looks sleek and sexy..but motorola guys r known for their wireless sets etc not mobiles..yes lest i forget CDMA phones is out of my consideration set..keep posting any more suggestions and prices

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yup Ir does suck.....Darn thing always sorta cuts me off during my transfer of wallpapers and stuff....plus bluetooth as usual is at its best....the range and stuff is just excellent and absolutely....but the only drawback is that it is said to consume some amt of battery power when its option is On and not in Use(i.e when the cell is in idle mode).....ahhh...but who cares it a grt technology :wink:

Btw The Moto Razor V3 is dam sexy and sleek in looks and yup does have a Cam With 4x zoom facility 8)
Check its Techtree review *www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=54211

Also the 7610 is a grt phone....bulky yet grt phone....big but grt phone...:wink:

babumuchhala

In the zone
Go Buy it frm Singapore would save u atleast 2-3K.I asked my cousin to enquire fr a few and found this.

But i donno abt the warranty. As far i know Indian subsidaries of these Cell Manufacturers do not accept Worlwide warranty(i could be wrong).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
babumuchhala said:
But i donno abt the warranty. As far i know Indian subsidaries of these Cell Manufacturers do not accept Worlwide warranty(i could be wrong).

When u ougt to import from another country then the rules apply only to that particular country itself.....thus the warranty prevails only for that country....the document u would obtain will be the Import Documentations mentioning its place of purachse,price etc.

also some custom notified shops which sell these products usually guarantee these products life on promises (orally) and also somehow manage to extend some amt of repair support or piece replacements :D

drgrudge

krisjr said:
nokia 6610 with other ir capable phones,but it wont transfer anything..i dont know wats the prob..i keep it aligned properly etc etc but still no go..which is why i am looking at bluetooth option
6610 has IR capabilities only for business card transfers between phone to phone.

allwyndlima said:
Moto Razor V3 is dam sexy and sleek in looks and yup does have a Cam With 4x zoom facility
But he wants a phone for 17k only..., it costs nearly 20k.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@allwyn: i guess u were referring 2 the V800 and not Z800 :wink: also, the Z1010 which never came 2 India was a mind blowing phone....the V800 is a dream phone (non-symbian of course)

if i remember correctly, the RAZR is 30k (i could b wrong)

7270...lacks features...looks awesome...price i dunno...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
nope Nemi....it was the Z800 For SE check it out over here *www.phonearena.com/htmls/details.php?id=1131 Plus it has both Bluetooth as well as Irda...And yea that Razr thingyy....i was just referring it to him with respect to its features and not a buying recommendation.....lol its price tag was about 33k when i last saw it :wink: and way out of recommending for this dude :D

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
tx to all bhailogs..well u guys saying that singapore warranty stays in that country if i purch ter even for nokia phones..thats mean man..is this true..i thot they give due to international warranty for electronic goods etc..well 6610 that i hav has outlived its utility for me..i am a heavy sms user so that keypad has gone for a six..am looking for a clamsheel phone within 17k max..LG,Samsung not my favs...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Anytime bahenlog :lol: :lol:

well the warranty stuff prevails to the country ur importing from.....so if ur piece gets screwed up here then u'll need to fly back to that country and catch hold of the seller out there to question out on the screw up!!!!!

well 6610 was my hot fav when i started my hunt for mob then.....but alas had to settle for a c100 for the price limitations......plus these clamshell phones have a very flat keypadlayouts and u can barely feel thier presence....and have to struggle ur way out if a regular sms user :wink:

so if Lg and Samsung aint ur choice then Nokia is the best buy....go for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom