The All New iPod !

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
The All New iPod Video!

Witness the evolution of the revolution. First it played songs. Then photos. Then podcasts. Now iPod plays video, changing the way you experience your music and more. Again. In lighter, thinner 30GB and 60GB models, the new iPod is music to your eyes.

more at:*www.apple.com/ipod/ipod.html

OP
V

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
Ya even that inbuild battery is no problem, Somebody gift me I wanna gizmofy myself. I already have iPod photo but video is ....... word less

LeStat

Right off the assembly line
Dude... You are drooling on iPod Video... check out Archos AV700... it'll blow your brains out... It's the most kool AV recorder I've seen till date.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Its gotta be a Droolzmo. That's a great added functionality. I wanna own it. It's gonna make a big hole in your pocket baby. Seriously, Apple's bringing out some great new innovations. What next Steve?

Tech&ME

Banned
This NEWS was already published at this location in this forum

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30612

Please avoid repeating the same news again and again.

khandu

In the zone
tech.. 1st of all urs is a newer post.. this is an older one

my sources tell startin price to be 16K and will come in next week..

cyberia.in

In the zone
30 Gb and 60 Gbh ard disk.

And come on guys, it's not THAT great. It's just an iPod photo that can play some video, so it's a slighty larger screen, and a better processor.

goobimama

 Macboy
@ cyberia: Well, the 5th Gen iPod has a slimmer frame, higher resolution screen which is also larger, better battery life and can play video! All this for the price of the older ones...I must say it is a great piece.

cyberia.in

In the zone
goobimama said:
@ cyberia: Well, the 5th Gen iPod has a slimmer frame, higher resolution screen which is also larger, better battery life and can play video! All this for the price of the older ones...I must say it is a great piece.

It's good, OK, very good ! Goobi, i know you're an Apple fan, but I hoped for more from Apple with this release. As I said, it's evolutionary, not revolutionary.

The intention is not to compete with Archos and the others in the video market, just to give Apple a footing there.

OP
V

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
The Price for 60 GB is about 29,000. (Approx)

Box Contains:
- iPod 60GB Video
- Earbud headphones
- AC adapter
- USB 2.0 cable
- Getting Started guide
- CD with iTunes 6 for Mac and Windows and
electronic documentation.

geekysage

Journeyman
Guys, don't go for the ipod hoopla!

iPod video sucks...bigtime! Doesn't have the standard reverse or forward options to skip video playback nor does it support divX. You still feel like buying it, go ahead....waste your money. Besides, Apple has started using cheap components and the latest iPod Nano problems just confirm this. My friend recently bought a Nano only to get it replace coz it just wouldn't *play* after a day.

By the way, somebody posted the price of 30GB wrong. It's $299. The 60GB model costs $399.

Creative Zen Portable Media Center or the newer Zen vision are better options. Portable Media Center was released back in 2003 when apple was still designing iPod photo and it has a 50% off rebate going on getting its price down to just $250!! Zen vision sells for $399.
*images.creative.com/iss/images/products/headers/prod12985_hdr_1_6_1.jpg
Zen Vision - $399

*images.creative.com/iss/images/products/headers/prod9882_hdr_1_6_1.jpg
Zen Portable Media Center - $250 (After rebates)

Look at their screen sizes....just fabulous!

And the most sensible, geeky way is to go buy a Dell Axim handheld for $450 which has the full Windows 2003 Mobile edition, apart from the Office suite and all other applications you may need on the move. Of course, playing videos, songs, or watching photos are just some of the many things* you can do with those sweet babies. :wink:

*wireless internet, games, GPS maps, etc, etc. 8)

goobimama

 Macboy
What everyone must understand is that Steve Jobs never said it was going to be the Video iPod. It is called the iPod and that's it. Video functionality is a matter of just an added feature. It is best at what it does, play music. I don't think any of the other players can beat its neat interface...and clickwheel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom