Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
In the SIFY Cafes the C: drive is not visible to the users.
But I wanted to copy the files stored in the temp folder (videos, pics, flash files, that are stored while browsing) and also the Cache folder of IE and Firefox !

Is there a way to do it ?

If your way is illegal in nature, please PM me the solution or mail it to me at raj.neo@gmail.com but please don't break the forum rules and post illegal stuff here !

devarajan

Journeyman
rajkumar_personal said:
In the SIFY Cafes the C: drive is not visible to the users.
But I wanted to copy the files stored in the temp folder (videos, pics, flash files, that are stored while browsing) and also the Cache folder of IE and Firefox !

Is there a way to do it ?

If your way is illegal in nature, please PM me the solution or mail it to me at raj.neo@gmail.com but please don't break the forum rules and post illegal stuff here !

Why they ask u to store in desktop only know do that dude dont ask any illlegal help here right know reporting.......

Deep

Version 2.0
I dont think so he is asking anything illegal...so no point in lokcing the thread..

ishaan

Padawan
hav u tried making a shortcut on the desktop and putting the path as a folder on C: ? maybe that will work...

or try going to START>RUN or if that is not accessible also, then use the task manager (i hope atleast that is accessible)....and go to file>run

and type this in - %appdata%\

that will open the documents and settings folder and hopefully u will b able to browse to the folders wich u want

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
in sify iways u dont have access to anything... its just for browsing at the moment... once u logoff from ur account everything is erased except docs and txt files.... u dont have run, etc

if rajkumar finds a way pls tel me also.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
shwetanshu said:
in sify iways u dont have access to anything... its just for browsing at the moment... once u logoff from ur account everything is erased except docs and txt files.... u dont have run, etc
What he said, basically.

I too had a similar situation once, but on enquiring with the cafe-manager, he said that that was Sify's policy.

::vicky::

In the zone
sir these sify people are a big crack and for ur problem u u cant do that it is imposible because sify has completely restricted these things

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
they do nothing except changing the explorer!

What I mean is they only replace the default explorer file of windows with their own customized file!

We can also do it on our comp but we'll need that customized file :wink:

devarajan

Journeyman
Vishal Gupta said:
they do nothing except changing the explorer!

What I mean is they only replace the default explorer file of windows with their own customized file!

We can also do it on our comp but we'll need that customized file :wink:

Were we can get customized file ???Is there any idea????? :idea:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I didnt find ne such customized Explorer file on net!

Actually these files r created by professionals on demand (costly too)...

sakumar79

Technomancer
Since I havent been to any of these cybercafes, I dont know exactly what is allowed in there... But do they allow you to use a Thumbdrive? If yes, you can take Portable Firefox and have it configured hopefully to download cache to the thumbdrive itself...

Arun

devarajan

Journeyman
sakumar79 said:
Since I havent been to any of these cybercafes, I dont know exactly what is allowed in there... But do they allow you to use a Thumbdrive? If yes, you can take Portable Firefox and have it configured hopefully to download cache to the thumbdrive itself...

Arun

They allow but not to use in nodes only administrator can use it.And there is a FIREFOX in reliance webworld and they allow as download and save them do desktop and after that we can burn it by tranfering the data to admin.....

hafees

In the zone
Vishal Gupta said:
I didnt find ne such customized Explorer file on net!

Actually these files r created by professionals on demand (costly too)...

Changing explorer.exe is illegal. did u mean another shell? it may be possible. We can also use some registry changes to customize the options shown in desktop.

But there are third party softwares which do the same thing. One such s/w is reviewed / demonstrated in the February issue. hope u have seen that

OP
R

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Aren't we getting off track ???

I just need a way to copy files from the temp folder without breaking any rules (well ......... At least the SIFY person should not know !) :wink:

kin.vachhani

Dreaming Future
hey man the good way is..... to open a notepad .... then press alt+f .. u will see desktop files... then from there try to access the c: drive just check it.......

sakumar79

Technomancer
Some more thoughts (I repeat once more, I havent used these cafes so I am just shooting in the dark)...

1. This almost certainly wont work, but still - in IE, can you access the Internet Options? If yes, General Tab->Temporary Internet Files->Settings has feature to change Temp files folder. Then, you can create a folder on desktop and change it there... But I seriously doubt if they will have that feature enabled...

2. In Opera, there is a possibility of viewing cache through Tools->Advanced->Cache... I think Firefox has similar about:cache url to view cache contents... Can you get it from there?

3. Not sure but how exactly do you plan to get the files copied after you access them? Do the cafes provide CD burning facility? And can you get it done without administrator noting?

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom