Techie's help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanjagga

Broken In
Hi Guys!
I need you help.I have my cousin and he uses my PC:mad: .But i do not want that he should use my pc.:cool: If i mada a login password i have to tell the password due to our relations.:twisted: So i need you help

I need any method which can stop him from using my PC provided he should not know about my scheme.

Please help!:(

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
the only way to secure pc is my keeping password even though you created bios password you should tell him,so first create another user account to him under his name with limited permissions not an administrator,secondly make the data or folders which you think to be unview by everyone secure, using some folder locks or so many techniques are there for this,see my thread in forums where a technique of folder is visible to everyone but when double clicked nothing will be there inside and folder looks like recycle bin see all those tweaks in internet also

OP
amanjagga

amanjagga

Broken In
Thanks but my cousin is very .......................
i want him not to use my PC not even limited permissions.And he will also be sucessful in forcing me if even i create his limited user acc.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well if you are so compromising, don't bother doing anything :|

Or simply, erase XP and run Linux :)) (Or fart a flamethrower at your SMPS)

slugger

Banned
take out d battery from the BIOS everytime u stop using d computer

ur BIOS settings may get changed but u can change them back next time u use ur comp

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
or a simple solution the power button is connected to the mobo disconnect that wire its a simple jumper type plastic peice u can remove it and plug it back in ....

OP
amanjagga

amanjagga

Broken In
Guys thanks for your suggestions
But still more good powerful reason is required
I do not like touching hime my PC and eats my full brain when he sits on Pc

help me from my..........................

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
slap him,fight with him,give him electric shock,try to hypnotise him,tell him he annoys you,ask him to pay you for using your pc,tell him your mobo+processor went kaput and he will have to buy new ones if he want to use your pc.

Still need more suggestions?

Sykora

I see right through you.
Let's get this straight :

-- Your cousin wants to use the computer, you don't want him to.
-- If you set a password on anything, you'd have to tell him for the sake of family relations.
-- You don't want to touch the inside of your computer.
-- He's very successful at forcing things out of you.

wtf? Do you want to use the computer or not? If yes, you're going to have to toughen up and learn to keep a few secrets. If no...well then there's no point anyway.

There's no point in using linux any more than there is in using windows in this case if you'll tell him the root password, and even less sense in the matter if neither of you know how to use linux.

What a mess.

amanjagga said:
I do not like touching hime my PC and eats my full brain when he sits on Pc

OP
amanjagga

amanjagga

Broken In
The_Devil_Himself said:
slap him,fight with him,give him electric shock,try to hypnotise him,tell him he annoys you,ask him to pay you for using your pc,tell him your mobo+processor went kaput and he will have to buy new ones if he want to use your pc.

Still need more suggestions?
Yah ggod reason
It always comes to my dreams
But not able to make my dreams come true.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Transfer pc to some other secret room & tell ur cousin that u sold it.This will keep him away.Isn't useful if he comes to stay at ur home. :)

Sykora

I see right through you.
Sell your PC, and tell your cousin you sold it. It will definitely keep him away, and it's guaranteed to work even if he comes to stay at your home. The drawback is that in the absence of the computer, you may be tasked with occupying him, and from what I gather, you won't want to do that.

vandit

In the zone
Just replace ur shell(i.e explorer.Exe ) from msconfig>system.Ini to notepad...
That way only notepad will open when u start ur comp...Just tell ur bro..That u donno how it happend..(remember to back up ur system.Ini file before u do ne modification..)

utsav

damn busy...
Desi-Tek.com said:
download virus?

:D :D :D its a good option but it will prevent u also from using ur pc

one option is there.download the BSOD screensaver and put it in startup.it will run when any1 starts the pc and u tell them that ur PC is Damaged and u shut down ur pc.it might work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom