Tatas drive Nano project to Gujarat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amizdu

Broken In
Tata Motors have almost finalised at Gujarat for setting up their Nano plant.

Within days of exiting from West Bengal, Tatas have decided to relocate their Rs one lakh-Nano car project in Gujarat, after scouting many sites including that Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.

Tata Group Chief Ratan Tata and the Chief Minister Narendra Modi would jointly announce the project in the state later in the day, officials said.

Tatas have identified the site at Sanand, near Ahmedabad, where the state government will give 1,000 acres land from the Anand Agricultural University for housing the project.

The new project site was finalised last evening after yet another visit by the Tata Motors officials, who in the last few days had scouted for possible locations in many other states.

Ever since the Tatas faced political resistance in West Bengal for their project at Singur various state governments, including Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, were in the race to woo Tatas to set the manufacturing facility for the cheapest car in the world.

According to state government officials, the MoU between Tata Motors officials and Chief Minister Modi would be signed in the evening on Tuesday.

Last week, after witnessing stiff protests from the Opposition party led by Trinamool Congress leader Mamata Banerjee in West Bengal, Tatas had dumped the project and had termed the decision as "unfortunate and painful."

Hitting at Mamata, Tata Group Chief Ratan Tata had said, "agitation by the opposition party has been the sole reason for this decision... How can we go into production when people are saying that we will continue agitation... I think Banerjee pulled the trigger".

Banerjee was demanding return of 300 acres of land within the project earmarked for the vendors and the same was rejected by Tatas saying vendors are integral part of the Rs 1,500-crore project.

Banerjee had also rejected the revised compensation package for farmers offered by the state government.

Tata, who had earlier charged corporate rivals for trying to sabotage the project, wondered the source of funding the agitation by Trinamool Congress, when asked if an industrial opponent was footing the bill.

Tatas had evacuated entire work force from Singur complaining intimidation and violence from the agitators who had cordoned of the entire area since August to prevent progress of work.

The India Inc had termed the Tatas' decision of pulling out of Singur as "most unfortunate industrial event of this century".

Source

All the best Tata!

But, my only concern is HOW THE HELL are we going to manage the traffic, if Nanos become a success!?

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Modi Rocks !!! we need such a CM for every state .if we want to make India a developed nation..Seriously how fast the Guj gOvt has given land to Tata denotes its seriousness to Nano Project ..Hats off to Modi :D

x3060

A LOTR fan
all because of one dirty politician, deciding that the state should never grow, its peoples like this that makes the country worse :(.

good luck tata :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Mamata ****erjee just made thousands lose their jobs and hundreds of acres of land go waste. Hat's off to this brainless stupid woman.

I doubt if any company would ever look at Bengal to put a factory, thanks to queen of stupid morons.

She single handedly ruined development and steady income in state. Hat's off to her.

She may have won the battle but Bengal has to pay the price of consequences.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^ yes ..ekdum korrect ...its the politicians like Mamta who just play Vote Bank politics and f**k the state for their own selfish motives ..thats y some states are developed and some r still developing (read undeveloped)...Hats off to Modi again for making Gujarat No1 State of India

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone ready to become a politician??? Naale ko saaf karne k liye, Naale mein toh haath daalna hi padega....:D

I'm seriously looking forward to start my own party in future.....And I'm serious.....:)

Dad advises me to be an IAS officer (Permanent Executive), but I still feel that we need to get rid of the Politicians (Political Executive) who all are faggots.

Hats off to Modi again for making Gujarat No1 State of India
Indeed hats off to him, but he still can't be forgiven for the Gujarat riots....:| Atleast, I can't.

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
AHMEDABAD:

Nano — "an orphan without a home", as Tata called it — has finally found its home 25 km from Ahmedabad, at Sanand. The
capacity of the new plant is expected to be higher than that of the abandoned Singur plant and the Tatas have set an extremely tight time-frame of around 12 months to commission it
:p

While the Tatas' decision to move from Singur to Sanand was formally announced at a joint news conference by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Tata in Gandhinagar on Tuesday, Tata told TOI in an exclusive interview that he was extremely impressed with Modi's seriousness of intent and the speed with which his government moved to seal the deal.

Tata Motors MD Ravi Kant said it took Gujarat just 10 days to tie up all the loose ends — make the land ready for possession, get all clearances and approvals and offer a final deal. Tata said his company decided to take up the offer "late last evening", and he was here the next day to sign an MoU with the state government.

The signs of the Tatas moving to Gujarat were available earlier, though. TOI had reported that Gujarat would be Nano's destination the very day Tata announced his decision to move from Singur.

The deal given by Gujarat is just as good as the one offered by West Bengal and, in some respects, better. As against 1,000 acres on initial offer in West Bengal, Gujarat has given 1,100 acres. This land is unencumbered and would be sold to Tata Motors on prevailing market rates.

Ravi Kant said the Sanand plant was being planned for a capacity of 5 lakh cars a year, up from the Singur plant's proposed capacity of 3 lakh cars. Tata said, as promised, he was planning to meet the deadline of the last quarter of this year for launching the Nano, although the first cars would roll out of the Tata plants in Pantnagar, Uttarakhand and Pune, Maharashtra.

A visibly relieved Tata told TOI that he had not come to Gujarat to merely build a car plant but to contribute to the state as a responsible corporate citizen. He later announced that the Tatas would take up agriculture and marine biology research in the state as well as build an ITI near the Nano plant for training workers.

Clearly, what's West Bengal's loss is Gujarat's gain. Although Tata said he was sad to leave Singur, he seemed happy to have left behind the game of political brinkmanship started by Mamata Banerjee. "There is a bad M and a good M and we have made the transition," he said in an obvious reference to Mamata and Modi. ..Very Very True :D

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Anyone ready to become a politician??? Naale ko saaf karne k liye, Naale mein toh haath daalna hi padega....:D

I am ready to become a politician but there is a catch, actually three catches.

The Municipal Council Seat of my area is reserved for woman.
The Delhi legislative assembly seat of my area is again reserved for a woman.
The House of People seat is set is reserved for SC candidate.

This only leaves me the President and Council of State seats both of which are ceremonius roles.

Offtopic/ Just noticed this is my 2000th post on the forum.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am ready to become a politician but there is a catch, actually three catches.

The Municipal Council Seat of my area is reserved for woman.
The Delhi legislative assembly seat of my area is again reserved for a woman.
The House of People seat is set is reserved for SC candidate.

This only leaves me the President and Council of State seats both of which are ceremonius roles.

Offtopic/ Just noticed this is my 2000th post on the forum.
I'm also from Delhi....Where actually in Delhi do you live?

Congrats on your 2000th post....

mastermunj

In the zone
Long Live Modi..

Nano is lucky to get into gujarat, modi will facilitate them very nicely..

And bengal became unlucky because of that moron mamta..

slugger

Banned
when it comes to industrial development Gujrat kicks the balls out of the other states

commie Bengal and the pepul there any way did not deserve the Nano plant. serves them right

moshel

Padawan
wow, first time i am seeing 14 posts together and almost all are praising modi!!! now thats a rare site..hee hee...

I would like to make a few of points.

this tata plant will create almost 10,000 jobs......
the farmers of Gujarat have themselves come forward to sell their land for setting up this plant.
tatas are known to help develop the places wherever they put their plants. one fine example is Jamshedpur.
Jamshedji tata had donated Rs. 1000/- in 1900 to sanand to save animals during famine.

in other thoughts i really want to know what the local bengalis think abt whatever has happened. I mean, whats the general sentiment of people living in a big city like Kolkata abt the whole singur-nano-mamta issue.

slugger

Banned
in other thoughts i really want to know what the local bengalis think abt whatever has happened......

a state that has been electing the same commie govt year after year for 25 years has lost its ability to think....they've become puppets at the hands of their polticians......call them zombies if you want....intellectual zombies

nix

its bad thing for their farmers. am happy that the project did not come to dharwad(karnataka).

they give farmers peanuts and expect them to be happy. tata is a multibillion dollar man and i think he can and should give those farmers much more than what they are given now.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^^^
It's not TATA who purchases the land from farmers... State Govt acquires the land from farmers and leases it to TATA..

I don't mean that its good or bad.. just saying ;)

_

izzner

Right off the assembly line
best of luck TATA...

if only it wasnt for one pathetic lady....selfish pathetic lady...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom