Tata Sky vs Dish TV vs Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Hii friends ..

I want to know about which one is the best between the three in terms of functionality, service and economy ???

I don't have any idea about tata sky and dish tv, so your help will be greatly acknowledged ...

Thanks in advance,
Gourav.

tata sky is the best, the quality of tata sky is far far more better than dish tv.
though tata sky has less regional channels as compared to dish tv but its fine for me

prasad_den

Padawan
Hii friends ..

I want to know about which one is the best between the three in terms of functionality, service and economy ???

I don't have any idea about tata sky and dish tv, so your help will be greatly acknowledged ...

Thanks in advance,
Gourav.
If you are not in a hurry, wait for about 2 to 3 months, by which time there will be one more player in DTH field - Reliance Big TV. You can then decide which one to go for.

OT: Did you get the TV..? Which one did you settle for..?

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Well, I can't wait for that much time.
So I'll have to choose between Tata Sky , Dish Tv or Cable .

And, I didn't yet get the TV.
I'll be going today to e-zone to get one.
And I've decided to go with the Philips one only as I didn't have too many choices in my budget.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Dish TV is a bit cheaper as compared to Tata Sky but still you pay more than that you pay to cable operator. But you get better picture quality and less breakdowns

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
I don't mind paying slightly more if I get good services.

Also, I have no idea how Tata Sky or Dish TV works ... I mean what channels do they show, what services they offer and how much do they charge etc ...

praka123

left this forum longback
SUN DTH is the best option currently available.It use MPEG4 over mpeg2 technology used in competitors.
think!
For Rs2000,
You get 100 channels(including hindi channels except sony and star bouquet,sports channels),free for 1 year.from next yr onwards Rs75 per month :)

Especially the best choice for south Indians.

For NI,try BIG Dth or Airtel DTH when released ;)

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ No way Sun DTH is gonna be available in Siliguri. ;)

@TS: No probs going with the Philips one.. but please make sure to go over the things I mentioned. And see if the shop selling the TV will club a DTH for lesser price. You might end up getting a STB for free or for less than 500 sometimes. And I've generally heard more good reviews about the TAta Sky.

sourav123

Thinking Different
Hi,

I had subscribed to both TATA Sky and DishTV. Both have equally good (or bad) customer care. TATA Sky will be costlier than DishTV but will add new channels frequently. DishTV on the other hand has somewhat better picture quality than TATA Sky.

One other advice, if you are taking any of the connections, don't go for a long time subscription like 1 year. Get a subscription for 3 months or so. In that way, you will be able to change your connection if you don't like it.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
picture quality of tata sky or others are same as the one you get from cable tv 'walla'.

they say "dvd quality", but i never experienced as such.

tata sky has many features, like 'active', if you have kids at home, they'll enjoy this.
customer care is , a lot better than other providers.

tata sky is the most expensive one right now.

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
and what about the channels ???

my mom needs her daily soaps on ZEE and star.

are those available on Dish or Tata ??

prasad_den

Padawan
I have an important update... :D Big TV is in all likelihood gonna launch by this month end..
The site is now almost complete and can be browsed now.
www.bigtv.co.in

I would advise you to wait for at least another 3 weeks and then decide.. :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'm not rich.

i'm still on a onboard gfx. PC:( :x :))

---------------------------------------
does Dish TV offer those interactive stuffs like in Tata Sky?
just wanted to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom