Taskmanager not working!!!!!!!! Antivirus not workin!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prajneet

Broken In
I am so fed up with my pc.................it was fulll of spyware n viruses n stuff....so i formated it n re-installed windows (xp with sp1). even in a freshly installed windows, norton av 2004 showed a virus Bloodhound.w32.something in a file C:/windows/system32/tft-something n couldn't do anything coz access was denied. i performed a full system scan, but it didn't detect the virus again, even though the same pop-up notification came up with the access denied msg again a couple of times. now my antivirus isnt working, even my taskmanager isn't working, it just flashes for a sec. n disappears. i am sick of reinstalling windows again n again......any solution to my problem??????? also0, the encyclopaedia on this month's digit DVD isn't working, same thing - flashes for a sec n disappears!!!! pls help guys, also is download accelerator spyware, adware free??

p.s. whenever i shutdown windows, an error msg comes up - the following pgm not responding - Pcljhd32.exe ( or something ) .........?????

techie_it

Broken In
yo man..
Lots of problems.
first , do a clean format of all drives and all partitions first .
Seconf, dont install Win Xp from the usual CD (whoch u had isntalled ),borrow some else's CD and Install it.

coz, its possible that , ur CD(where Win Xp is put) has itself some virus and when u installing, its geeting installed too.
and next , install a firewall (like Zone alarm) and put the latest Antivirus S/W and that too as said, not frm your CD but a borrowed one .

Hope its gets Solves soon

[deXter]

Journeyman
Bloodhound means, Norton has detected an unknown virus!

It's especially seen in fresh installs. More info here *securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/bloodhound.html

Basically you need to take some preventive measures, before connecting your comp to the net after a fresh install

1) After isntalling Windows XP, install ALL the updates, including SP1, and all the pre sp2 hotfixes.

2) You can install the SP2 updates either by using the updates CD, or from windows update. But if you are going to use windows update, then make sure that you first ENABLE the Windows Firewall for your connection. Or better still, use a third party firewall program like the free Zone Alarm or Norton Personal Firewall.

Using a firewall almost always prevents the installation of spyware and a lot of wild virii.

OP
P

prajneet

Broken In
thanx for the info guys........actually, i dont have a win xp cd, i have an HP Pavillion t530 PC, n i used the inbuilt recovery(D: ), which formatted the user partition (C: ), n reinstalled windows n softwares to its original factory shipped condition. so is there a way to solve the problem without formatting??? coz i have 7.09 GB of music which i cant afford to lose, n cant afford to back it ALL up on cd's as well. so is there a way to solve the problem without formatting??? also i mentioned the taskmanager not working, norton not working, digit encyclopaedia not working, n the nonresponsive program - Pcljhd32.exe . pls address those problems as well.

[deXter]

Journeyman
Please, use hijack this and post your hijack this log.
A new version of Hijack This has been released, so please download and run the new version.

OP
P

prajneet

Broken In
i downloaded HijackThis 1.97. Not working :( , when i open it, it pops up for a moment n closes.....................??????

OP
P

prajneet

Broken In
prajneet said:
i downloaded HijackThis 1.97. Not working :( , when i open it, it pops up for a moment n closes.....................??????

hulloo???? how am i expected to post the log when the program isnt working??

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Press [Win]+R and type 'msconfig' in the Run dialog box. Go to the 'Startup' tab and disable the entry 'Pcljhd32.exe'. Reboot. Find the file 'Pcljhd32.exe'and delete it. Then try running the antivirus.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
The link I have given will allow you to download the latest version of HijackThis ie 1.98 ..You are trying to run an ancient version of HJT .. And if it still doesnt work, kill all process except for Explorer in the task manager ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom