task manager has been disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkin park

Broken In
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:when i press ctrl+alt+del to exit a stubborn programme a message flashes on my monitor that task manager has been disabled by the administrator, please suggest remedy:confused:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Search the forum, or look below in "similar threads". Your problem will be solved.
and remember to search before posting.

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
open Run and copy-paste this and press enter: (btw..also full scan ur systm...90% chances of infctn)

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Last edited:

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
I Was Too Suffering From This Prob.

I Came To Know That Such Viruses Come From .jpg or any picture files.

Use Quick Heal (Updated). And Scan U R PC By Navite Boot Scan. (Option Avaliable In Quick Heal)

Open Notepad and paste it there

(Avoid the ")

"Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"**del.DisableTaskMgr"=" "

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system\]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DisableCAD"=dword:00000000"

Now click on save as and save the file as task.reg on and double click on it. You should be able to get the Task Manger window , In case it doesn't work , Run an Online Virus scan for Possible infections.

Beta Waves

Journeyman
This has been posted many times, Plz search before you post. Anyway here is what you have to do.

It may be due to a Trojan called "RONTOKBRO" or someone might have actually disabled it.... If its the first case scan your computer with a good antivirus ,note that you have to update your antivrus database daily.... If its the second case, to re enable regedit ...

Type gpedit.msc in RUN

go to
User Cofiguration->Administrative Templates->System
Now in the right hand panel set "Prevent access to Registry editing tools" to not configured or disabled.......This will enable registry editor ...Once this is done

Now start registry editor and Navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\System

In the right hand panel if a DWORD called "DisableTaskMgr" is present set its value to zero......

OP
L

linkin park

Broken In
thanks Beta waves........ Thanks alot it has solved the problem ..... Thank you all other guys for taking interest and suggesting me the way out...i am highly oblized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom