tally 5.4 and winxp sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

crero

Right off the assembly line
i recently installed sp2 and my tally 5.4 stopped working (earlier sp1) . when i click the program icon. start screen appears and then disappears. i have seen tally 5.4 working on other computers with win xp sp2. By the way it works in safe mode. Also if tally 4.5 can work with winxp

Sourabh

Laptoping
Well if you have Genuine Tally 5.4, it wont work in Windows XP. Tally supports XP only from its 6 and 7 versions only. We have a Multi User edition legal copy of Tally 5.4 at office past 6 years and have been stuck to Win98 for the same. However, tally 5.4 should work in educational mode in Windows XP without any problems.

You can always move to the newer tally 7 versions and convert ur old data to the same to work on XP.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
For some reasons tally 5.4 has numerous prbs with xp sp2. Any thing can happen... I am saying this coz whn I was using tally 5.4 with sp2, I cud use tally only if my lan was connected (I was using a single user ver.) If I removed the lan cable or switched off the hub, tally used to return error. There is no way u can run 5.4 with sp2 without errors. It mite wrk for sometime bt again the same hassles...

Instead switchover to tally 7.2

OP
C

crero

Right off the assembly line
Thanx for your inputs guys , but still no solution , are u guys trying to tell me that there is no solution.

My Brother uses sony vaio which came pre installed with sp2 and tally 5.4 works fine. I am not wanting to change as i have my lower staff who would not like to change and then learn. I have both genuine and non-genuine copies. My brothers machine i am using non-genuine copy of tally.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Ur bro is lucky to have tally running without prb on SP2. God forbids bt there is always a risk... say if he cant take a print out in march??? Be on safer side... use higher version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom