Status
Not open for further replies.

sav_more

Journeyman
hey guys! :)
i have 2 systems p4 1.8 & p4 2.4 running on via p4m266a & intel 845 chipsets respectively.
i need to connect these 2.how much will network cards cost along with other things.(approximate)
also if i store mp3 & divX movie files on one pc.can i play them back "SMOOTHLY" on the other.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
1. if you aim to connect only 2 pcs then you dont need network cards
instead connect them through serial ports ( evey mother board has one )
the cord you need to connect will be just like any other lan cord .. but with one difference. two wires inside the lan chord need to be swapped with each other.
dont bother yourself with the details .. just go to a vendor and ask him to give a lan cord to connect 2 pcs ( not one to connect a pc to hub )

2. its possible to watch movies, listen to mp3s and play games on two comps very smoothly. you need to share them on one comp and run from other

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
no no the serial link is a very bad idea (a very frustrating one as it is low speed) buy two 100mbps lan cards and a patch cable connect the two to enjoy sharing of data total cost Rs 200 * 2 = 400 for cards and Rs 50 for the patch cable.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
also make sure ur cable is a cross-over cable else you wont be able to connect the 2 machine and communicate with each other.

ice

In the zone
Ya, u will need cat-5 cables, according to length and two lan cards:D

And yes, u will be able to see movies/listen to music smoothly. Ive been doin it for a yr and a half or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom