T610 or K700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Hi
My dad has gone to China, and I asked him to get me a cell phone
I'd given SE K700 as my first preference, and SE T610 as my 2nd
He called me yesterday saying that K700 was 18k, compared to 17k in India, and T610 was 7k compared to 8.5k in India
Now, its not that I can't pay 17k, but I'm wondering, is the K700 worth it?
I mean, the T610 looks much better, thers no doubt about that, and the only improvements I see in the K700 are camcorder, and FM Radio, both which I use very rarely
So, should I buy the T610(which, according to me, is the best looking phone ever), or am I making a mistake and should go for the K700?
Pls don't suggest any other phones, as I've got my heart set on these two

Also, can anyone tell me if SE provides data cables with its models, and if not, where can I buy one in Mumbai?

theraven

Technomancer
dude
the k700 is a killer phone
and definitely worth it
visit http:/www.sony-ericsson.com to see the details

manishji

Broken In
which phone u ask

yes true k700 is far better. it also supports bluetooth and comes with the cables to connect to the pc. the camcorder is no ordinary and will give a 30 min recording comfortably.

OP
A

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Ya, i know the K700 is a killer phone, thats why I had it as my first preference, but now I'm having second thoughts
I really don't care about the camcorder, and the T610 has bluetooth
I basically want a phone which looks awesome, and has all the new cool features, which the T610 seems to have
Personally, I think the K700 looks really ugly, the buttons look cheap, thats why I'm not inclined towards it(that and Rs.18k) :D
Also, anyone who has the T610, does it come supplied with a data cable, and a software CD?
Also, any bad experiences with either phone?

lighthouse911

Broken In
K700 and T610.Both do NOT come with data cables...

As far as features are concerned K700i is light years ahead of T610..
But yeah,T610 looks much better..
But believe me, saving 6630,there is no other phone in the market that can hold a candle to K700i

casablanca

Broken In
hi there's another SonyEricsson called S700i, not yet released but coming soon, checked the features in SE MidEast site (Indian not yet come) cool cell man am already planning to save cash!!!
follow the link

*www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver=4001&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10149

*www.clubsonyericsson.com/en/products_s700.shtml

casablanca

Broken In
Abhijit_T
follow the link
*phone.mobile9.com/sony-ericsson/k700/

K700 Pros
----------
Improved user interface
Very easy to use and functional

Cons
------
No expansion slot
Poor battery performance

adorablesrini

Broken In
Hey man if you dont care for the Camcorder and Bluetooth atleast care for MP3s! K700 plays it.Its Sexy with its Executive looks.Go for it!!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i dont like either of the two phones. y?
k700i: no memory expansion
t610: only 2MB memory, crappy camera

i would advise u 2 wait a bit. the SE S700/710 is a gr8 phone. u could look at the motorola e398

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
yup it is a gr8 phone but as with most nokia phones nowadays.....
they r lagging behind in technology....
y doesnt the 7610 have EGDE/3G????? else it is 1 hell of a phone...

theraven

Technomancer
i agree with nemesis
the no memory expansion is a very big negative for the k700
and yeah the 7610 is GR8 PHONE .... no 3g/wifi tho...
wifi is only there in the new communicator 9500 or whatever

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
anyone ever thought of the Motorola E398 ? Its a killer phone as far as I an concerned. The only negative is that it doesnt have a IR port....no big deal...has bluetooth...plus 64MB transflash card! the K700i comes with a 42 MB card....now how on earth will u record 30 mins of video on that ???? I too initially thought K700i...but seriously when I checked this one out...I was blown over...and a built in mp3 player....with all ur regular features.... .8 megapixel cam .... buit in ringtones are pretty cool....right now I dont have any complaints at all!

Ankit

Journeyman
finding a compatible data cable for sony will give u nightmares...u may get one on baazee or indiatimes but no guarantee...

lighthouse911

Broken In
E398 clarification

Why do u need data cable when u have got bluetooth in case of K700i

as 4 E398 also add that it is bigger and heavier.....

@icecoolz

E398 has 0.3 Mp cam and not 0.8 mp
k700i with 42 megs records 58 mins of 3gpp video
E398 cannot plat VBR mp3's
E398 has no FM
E398 has no Vid recordin

But yeah overall great phone!!! at least at that price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom