system software

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SE><IE

hmmm... system software are those which work directly upon the system and are not application specific. (well almost)
so. an antivirus or ms office may be system software whreas a library management system will be an application software.
By now, you may have got that, system software is not just one s/w.

try WIKI for some help.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
ms office wouldn't in my opinion be in the category of system software. Would it??

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Office is an application software! :)

application software such as a word processor, which enables a user to perform a task, and system software such as an operating system, which enables other software to run properly, by interfacing with hardware and with other software.

System software helps run the computer hardware and computer system. It includes operating systems, device drivers, diagnostic tools, servers, windowing systems, utilities and more. The purpose of systems software is to insulate the applications programmer as much as possible from the details of the particular computer complex being use, especially memory and other hardware features, and such accessory devices as communications, printers, readers, displays, keyboards, etc.

Application software allows humans to accomplish one or more specific (non-computer related) tasks. Typical applications include industrial automation, business software, educational software, medical software, databases and computer games. Businesses are probably the biggest users of application software, but almost every field of human activity (from a-bombs to zymurgy) now uses some form of application software. It is used to automate all sorts of functions.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_software
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_software

S

SE><IE

oops! sorry guys but I was trying to get him a view of the diifference between sys s/w and app s/w.
I didn't head up to wiki to look-up for the difference.
Anyways the purpose is solved. :)

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
anyway, in simple terms, i guess any software to administer a system can be called a system software. @i_kill Sorry, but I was just clearing a potential point of confusion, not picking fault.
thanks vishal for the links. I too am now going to have a look at that.

The CyberShot

Broken In
System Software are software you get in the "System" part of the Digit CD.
It consists of programs to spped up your computer system, increase performance, antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, junk cleaners, etc.

You can fire one of the Digit Cd's into your CD Drive and see 4 yourself.

CyberShot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom