system slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeep

Right off the assembly line
I have a Celeron 1 GB 128 MB RAM Computer with Win XP and Linux RH9 OS. Recently I tried to install some of the games in Win XP , but couldn’t install. Now when I shut down, even though without opening any program, end program dialog box comes and when I click end now, computer hangs some time. After starting, when I log on, two error messages comes (a) netmeeting.exe encountered a problem and needs to close (b) generic host process for win32 services encountered a problem and needed to close. Also the system restarts with a message “This system is shutting sown. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM. Windows must now restart because the RPC service terminated unexpectedly.” Generally system became slow. What might have happened?

Thanking You
pradeep

swatkat

Technomancer
Install a firewall. You can use ZoneAlarm Free Version, given in this month's Digit CD or you can get it here.
*download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/1012_zl/zlsSetup_55_094_000.exe

1] When you get the error message, do this:-
Go to Start menu> Run. In the Run dialog box type shutdown -a. Click OK.

2] Download the Blaster removal tool, and run it in SAFE mode.
*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixBlast.exe

3] Install the HotFix from Microsoft to fix the RPC vulnerability.
*www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-039.mspx

Check for the errors and post back the results.

anandk

Distinguished Member
PERHAPS your xp has probably been infected with sasser or the lovesan virus.

first run your virus scan (avast) at boot time or safe mode using deep-scan modes.

then download and use the latest sasser removal tool and sasser fixer tool (microsoft/symantec).

then patch up your pc with KB835732 patch.

use zone alarm firewall, when on the net.

in case u use broadband, take windows updates or use autopatcher xp.

also visit *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17561&highlight=

hope it helps you ! :)

D

dinesh_singh

clean ur system with antivirus like mcafee and spyware remover like ad-aware.....with latest updates....also put your net connection behind a good firewall like mcafee or zone alarm

Deep

Version 2.0
dinesh_singh said:
clean ur system with antivirus like mcafee and spyware remover like ad-aware.....with latest updates....also put your net connection behind a good firewall like mcafee or zone alarm

Hi,
These are the general things that everyone follows, i request you to not to reply if you do not know the answer...

Thanks
Deep

saROMan

QA Juggler
well as u dont have net conn..so dont go 4 firewall..but get the other 2 as suggested by swat..also net meeting is not used by home users..so go to add remove and uninstall netmeeting fm there..also u havnt mentioned what antivirus u use OR u have any Spyware removal tools like Spybot/Adaware etc....update ur av / spyremover and scan ur PC thrughout..

dreams

Gracias Senor
Oops ur PC is infected.. Clean ur sys usin ur AV or Trojan Remover or simply Format ur Sys.. these prob occur for me too.. i tried all sorts but all in vain.. so i did format my sys and installed a fresh OS.. at tht time i was in internet too and tht posed a gr8 threat..

in ur case u hv no internet so whenevr u use removable devices scan it and then use.. cos most of the floppies contain viruses..

hope this resolves..

..Shar n nJoy..

hsksattish

Broken In
go to start>run>msconfig>services
disable netmeetin if it is available.
then go to startup.uncheck all the boxes alongside sprograms that need not rum on startup like messenger,etc.
ur computer will run faster

also wait a few minutes before clicking the end now button during shutdown.the process may be something important.

amit_arya

Broken In
Since you have this RPC patch not installed. i would recommend you to install SP2 it will apply the required Patch, and will help you keep your machine updated.... i will also recommend you to apply the GDI+ patch too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom