System ringing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsidd75

2 hld a pen = 2 be @ war
My frined just got a computer from his relatives. I think the cofiguration is P3 with 128 MB SD RAM. I/he don't know the processor speed (I don't know if its required or not!!!) One day he called me and complained that the system was not starting.

I went and checked to find that his RAM had a one point open (i don't know how to describe it...) Its like one of its teeth was out of place! I tried switching the slots and when I switched on the system it was making a strange noise as though a telephone is ringing!!! :(

After changing the slots back the sytem did start but I could not start his Win XP OS. It was going upto the windows interface and after keying the password it would keep on restarting... It happened some five to six times and then when we tried again the system again made that terrifying noise!!!

The question is: is the RAM screwed? How much would a SD RAM cost now?

sakumar79

Technomancer
128 MB SDRAM costs about 750 at Chennai (source for info is *www.deltapage.com/ ). If you are not sure about whether the RAM is seated properly in its slot, do have a knowledgable person check it up.... You might not need to spend the extra amount...

Arun

OP
N

nsidd75

2 hld a pen = 2 be @ war
Hi guys,

I did check the RAM seating... In its original seating its sometimes working and sometimes not. In the second one its surely not working!!!

So, I think it is the RAM problem. What says you about the teeth?

Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom