Status
Not open for further replies.

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
SYSTEM RETORE :
----------------

I have Windows XP Pro, and yes it has a gr8 utility 'System Restore'.

I have many softwares which I feel like installing. But the more softwares I install - slower the system becomes even after un-installing them. So for testing purpose of softwares suppose I install them and then after deciding which I would like to install can I restore the system back so that the registry is also restored and thus the system dosn't undergo any changes???

Also I wanted to know if the system is fully restored, that is if any new files if made get deleted?

now, first of all, instead going through that long way of system restore u can do this other way.
first, before installing any new software u can go to registry by running comm. regedit.exe and save a copy of registry from file menu.this way u made a back up of ur current registry settings and so any time u can go to ur previous seting easily and if u want to keep the s/w u can del. back up copy.

for second Q, sys. restore does not del. any file .if required , it just changes some file names which u can see after restore completes.

u can install some s/w like tweak xp to increase ur speed.it really works.

theraven

Technomancer
just use third party software like add remove pro or something that should be good enuff
sys restore everytime is gonna be a pain

walking-techie

Journeyman
steps:

1.be4 install backup registry..
2.install new program
3.try new program
4.uninstall new pogram
5. restore old registry

and besides i thnk the system restore utility in win xp is to restore ur comp to a normal working state if it has suddenly crashed.. better let it be used for its primary purpose!1 :)

ice

In the zone
Dont use system restrore alll that much. Aftrer uninstalling the software, just delete the keys from the registry.

For that run
1. System mechanic reg cleaner
2. Reg Vac

That should do it.

Or what the others suggested, backup the registry. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom