System restarts when loading FarCry

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Hi.
I installed the game FarCry from my original CD's along with it's patch v1.4 yesterday & was running fine without any problems.
But today, when I'm trying to run the game, while loading any level, the system restarts.
I have previously installed & played the same game 5-6 times successfully.
I don't know what happenned.
I haven't done any changes to the system since I installed the game.
Kindly help.

Last edited:

Stalker

Padawan
did this problem occur after u patched the game??
try updating ur gfx card drivers, reinstall the game...

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
This is the first time this problem has occurred.
I had played the game with this patch previously too & never faced this problem.
I have the latest updated drivers for all of my hardware.
2 months ago, my hard disk had crashed.
So, I was given a replacement hard disk.
Could the problem be because of the new hard disk?
My game loads fine but when starting any level, the system restarts.
I have to reload the game 3-4 times before it eventually runs fine.
I have checked the hard disk for problems & it shows non.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
cant say what it is..but i i had similar problem with BIA...BROTHER IN ARMS...for every new new level :(..i had to live ssame way and coplete the game..could not find any solution either....try uninstalling and then reinstalling it...in different drive...mi8 help u

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
well same is the case with my frnd also....
at that time i didnt found any solution but i guess this is due to AMD processor...
as we know processor is fast but cant load this high graphics...and farcry is two heavy for AMD..and when next u enter to next level the processor has to load all the setup..and AMD here fails to load again....my frnd also having AMD..
but solution to this is dont run any other application when u r playing far cry..

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
joey_182 said:
well same is the case with my frnd also....
at that time i didnt found any solution but i guess this is due to AMD processor...
as we know processor is fast but cant load this high graphics...and farcry is two heavy for AMD..and when next u enter to next level the processor has to load all the setup..and AMD here fails to load again....my frnd also having AMD..
but solution to this is dont run any other application when u r playing far cry..

Dude do u know FAR CRY was made for AMD.......:confused:......

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
ya..buddy..
but it runs much smoother on intel....

Last edited:

raskal00

Right off the assembly line
Try this ,
1.First make a back up of ur Far Cry save game
2.Next Uninstall the game and delete all the files in the Far Cry folder ,
3.Download the latest nVIDIA drivers and uninstall ur old drivers
4.Next install the newly downloaded drivers and install the game and all its patches.

Now try to Run the game, and do post the result

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Like, I said I have latest processor, graphics, soundcard & mobo drivers as well as firmware installed.
I have played the same game 5-6 times successfully before.
I bought the game in August 2005 & have been playing it ever since successfully without any problems on the same computer configuration I currently have.
I have played heavier games than Farcry also but never faced this problem with any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom