system restart!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofeddy

Broken In
hello
i have a small problem here. once in a while(randomly) my system gets restarted automatically without giving any errors on restart. i happens just like that. is it a virus or some svchost problem?:-?

OP
gofeddy

gofeddy

Broken In
its a pentium IV 915 chipset
1gb ram
win xp sp2
by the way how does the system spec matter here?

da_tcpip

Journeyman
amd64 system, installed with nvidia network firewall has the same problem.. or atleast i had this prob and solved it by removing nvidia n/w firewall
btw do you get a BSOD? .. if not enable bsod viewing.. and check whts the error its showing

vajm007

Right off the assembly line
the only problem well

check ur cpu cooler it is properly set up or not but before that u have to check cpu tempreature from the bios setting [harware monitor]. if it is more than 55-60 then properly set ur cooler otherwise check for kind of viruses as ur saying with any antivirus, spybot s and d and super spyware from download.com

NOTE: update all 3 softwares before use and properly check with all of them.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
First Do this:

1.) Open sysdm.cpl and goto Advanced tab and click on Settings button in Startup & Recovery section.
2.) Now uncheck the option Automatically Restart.

Now it'll not restart windows but it'll show BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), so u can read the error message and then post the message here ;)

Desperado

Broken In
well even i have a similar problem... sometimes my PC restarts automatically.. without any BSOD errors . i have unchecked the option to restart automatically still i dont get the BSOD ..

this usually happens when i run a scan with spybot s & d or adaware ..or install any new programs.

.. but if next day ill run a scan with spybot.. it works fine.. nothing detected ..

Help.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Desperado said:
well even i have a similar problem... sometimes my PC restarts automatically.. without any BSOD errors . i have unchecked the option to restart automatically still i dont get the BSOD ..

this usually happens when i run a scan with spybot s & d or adaware ..or install any new programs.

.. but if next day ill run a scan with spybot.. it works fine.. nothing detected ..

Help.

Chalo atleast we haev BSOD free pc...:D

jokes apart..ahev u done anti virus test on ur PC....which anti virus u use...

also run memtest ....reply

da_tcpip

Journeyman
wizrulz said:
Chalo atleast we haev BSOD free pc...:D

jokes apart..ahev u done anti virus test on ur PC....which anti virus u use...

also run memtest ....reply
also check for any parts if they are loosely fitted.. gates would kill himself if he comes to know of a bsod free pc :D

PS wizrulz free up your PM inbox.. its full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom