System Problem, help please !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahuljin

Broken In
From 2 days, my system does not boot properly. when it boots and win xp starts, it hang or stop responding after 10 to 20 min. and then does not boot for 2 to 3 hrs. the hdd light is off , power LED is on and moniter LED blinks and also bios does not load.

sometime it shows an error ::

serial presence detect(SPD) device data missing or inconclusive.
properly programmed SPD device data required for relible operation.

My system:-
p4 3.0 ghz
intel d925xe mobo
2*512 mb ddr 2 (533 mhz) ram
nvidia 6800 gt ( 84.21 fireware)
160 gb sata hdd

sknowonweb

Journeyman
I think there is some loose connection between device connections . ! probably heat sink may lose its job as it waitts for ideal temperature to turn sys off .

Try cleaning ur RAM . I faced a similar problem due to RAM . try place it in alternate slots or run by inserting single RAM and then other .

I have a more doubt over the culprit to be RAM

Gunner

Broken In
The culprit could very much be the RAM. As suggested, try taking out the RAM, cleaning it and replacing it. Try different slots. If you're monitor starts blinking, then it could be due to overheating as well - do you overclock your CPU by the way ?

Ishan

In the zone
Vote for RAM Problem...I have suffered. and i have replaced it. Belve me! u must be thinking that iin every post i write that i have experncd the prob. but thats true as i have had many hardware problems in last 2 years and have lost a lot money for them.

Andyiz

Journeyman
I suspect it to be the SMPS problem.
If RAM is fine then check out voltages levels of the SMPS.

47shailesh

Security Exp
If during POST, non-SPD memory is detected or the BIOS cannot determine that the memory installed meets SPD 100-MHz requirements, the Motherboard BIOS will display this message ELSE Try .remove ur RAM form slot in which it is inserted and reinsert it if still the prob exist insert RAM in an another slot I think it cud resolve ur prob.Becoz 80% of prob what u have stated had to do with RAM. Enjoy

Last edited:

47shailesh

Security Exp
Andyiz said:
I suspect it to be the SMPS problem.
If RAM is fine then check out voltages levels of the SMPS.
I donot think it to be SMPS problem becoz he has stated that power LED is ON Implies SMPS is KO.

Andyiz

Journeyman
@ 47shailesh
It is not mandate, Smps can be faulty even if Power led and Hdd Led glows.
i had to repair my Smps and the symptoms were that both Power Led and HDD Led were GLowing Continously.

It due to some Internal Shorting of wires.

OP
R

rahuljin

Broken In
can anyone suggest a good smps (not very costly) ???
i have 5 extra fans in the cabinate with all that stuff !!!!

47shailesh

Security Exp
rahuljin said:
can anyone suggest a good smps (not very costly) ???
i have 5 extra fans in the cabinate with all that stuff !!!!
u can go for intex 400watts SMPS it will cost u 400Rs if want to repair ur old power supply it wud max cost u 150 bucks but with no warranty choic is urs

OP
R

rahuljin

Broken In
i think it will not take that much load....my friend suggested for antec or at least vip smps !!! antec is very costly and not availabe easily in delhi !!! i am total confused. a comp vender offer me a frontec 450 watt smps for Rs. 350 . is it enough for my power need ???
please also tell me the price of antec smps !!!

My system:-
p4 3.0 ghz
intel d925xe mobo
2*512 mb ddr 2 (533 mhz) ram
nvidia 6800 gt ( 84.21 fireware)
160 gb sata hdd *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=235138
5 80 mm cabinate fans
samsung dvd writter
sony floppy drive

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=235138

Last edited:

47shailesh

Security Exp
450 watts is a decent buy at 350rs ANTEC 450watts wud cost u arround 2000rs and is rarely available u have 2 order it 4rm some online shops so u better go for Intex or frontec for 450-500watts

OP
R

rahuljin

Broken In
47shailesh said:
450 watts is a decent buy at 350rs ANTEC 450watts wud cost u arround 2000rs and is rarely available u have 2 order it 4rm some online shops so u better go for Intex or frontec for 450-500watts

so frontec smps will be enough for my pc

47shailesh

Security Exp
yes 450-500watts frontec will be a good buy as us system config seems to be power consuming.also i wud recommend good heat sink if u already own then it's ok

OP
R

rahuljin

Broken In
47shailesh said:
yes 450-500watts frontec will be a good buy as us system config seems to be power consuming.also i wud recommend good heat sink if u already own then it's ok

default heat sinks of graphic card and motherboard are quite good. though i installed 5 fans in the cabinate.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Frontech SMPS are generally good. One of my pc has frontech SMPS which I got bundled with the FRONTECH cabinet, it is working perfectly for the last 5 years. But still would suggest go for a reputed brand 450-500W. Me currently using POWERSAFE 450W.

OP
R

rahuljin

Broken In
can anyone tell the price of Antec True Power 2 550w in delhi ????
its urgent, please reply soon...................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom