System performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoniobc

Broken In
I have a D-Link motherboard (around 3 years old) supporting a 1.2Ghz Celeron Processor and 256 MB SD Ram! HAve a 40 GB IDE HDD! How can I improve its performance with respect ti
1) Hardware (Not too expensive since money is a prob)
2) Software (with respect to OS's etc... but I want to run hi-fi stuff on it: Egs MS Office 2007 etc.......)

Was considering addin 128 MB Ram and installng XP but still havent made a decision of Home Edition vs Professional! Its a PC not networked so I dont really knw in wat way Professional will benefit me! Also I'm started my course in Computer Engineering so I need performance boosts!

In general I need a computer makeover!

HELP!!!!!!

shantanu

Technomancer
If you have 1500/- then increase your RAM to 512 means 256 current and 256 more and then choose XP PRO SP2 will be best for you system..

OP
antoniobc

antoniobc

Broken In
Dont have dat much cash dudes! Got my friends 128 Megs of SD! So my total is now 392 or something! Wat else can I do?

OP
antoniobc

antoniobc

Broken In
I should have made this clear:

The motherboard supports:
2 DIMM slots : 512Megs per dimm
3PCI
NO AGP slot
2IDE
810E Chipset
Thats basically it!

I dont want to upgrade it with respect to its RAM right now cause I dont have the cash! Like I said before it have 392 MB RAM (SD)

So maybe on the lines of an OS or BIOS tweeks or something of the sort!

rajasekharan

Youngling
All you can do is put windows on classic looks . . Defrag the hdd ,run reg cleaners like tuneup. . Increase the page file to 1mb more than your ram :)

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
Either buy new RAM of put your system in a high performance mode

u can also use tweaks
autopatcher

tune up utilities

to increase ur system performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom