System Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishan

In the zone
Guys! i have given a system password (power on pass.) Now is there any way to know that password, by chance if i forget it then?

Kniwor

Learner
you can reset it....
every mobo has this facility... no worries..

but u cant know it..... retriving is not possible

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
U can retreive the password with utilities like CmosPwd, BIOS 1.35.1 (*homepages.uni-paderborn.de/mbockelk/bios1351.zip)

Last edited:

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
If you havent changed your BIOS password, keeping the default passwords, you can check the default password for your BIOS version from this list:
Default BIOS passwords

In another case, you may have a look at this thread posted much earlier regarding how to solve your problem.
Recover Password
You may also search in the tutorials section as to how to reset your BIOS settings including password.

Savvy:!:

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
If you forgot the password of your BIOS......
U can remove the batery and then power on the system and u can access the machine again and pls don't forget the password after that....

One hiccup though.....You will have to reset the setings of your motherboard after that !!!

If you forgot the password of the admin in your machine.....
Go to www.lostpassword.com and then download the utility for recovering the passwords for thew admin acount.
It doesn't tell you the password that you forgot but will reset the password so that you can login when you type "Administrator" as the username and just press [ENTER] and you'll be able to login without entering the password !!

godsownman

Padawan
mod-the-pc said:
U can retreive the password with utilities like CmosPwd, BIOS 1.35.1 (*homepages.uni-paderborn.de/mbockelk/bios1351.zip)

Thanks for this . I think it will be usefull on the dreaded day :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom