System not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile

In the zone
My system is not booting .....when i switch on am not getting display...i took out RAM and again cleaned it and inserted , again put to another slot and checked , even put a new ram and checked but its not booting....only monitor light is blinking continiously...I even check all the connections .What might be the problem?:(

dreamsalive

Broken In
there could be two chances:-

1) processor prob.-may b its extra heated up due to high temp.wat u can do is open up ur processor fan, clean it and apply paste(ask any comp. eng) on processor .keep inside of ur case clean & make sure no wires are blocking the air passages of case.its best to tie or tape them.

2)Motherboard-many chances r that ur motherboard is damaged/permanently stop working.
i had the 100% same prob. 3 yrs back & in my case the motherboard was no more!.if ur system is 5-6 yrs old there r high chances of faulty M.B.In that case u need to buy a new one to replace it.

sarincv

Journeyman
check ur mother board manual....
if the problem is with RAM, there u can c the symptoms....
can u hear the beep sou0nd??? for every pattern of the beep sound, there is some particular reason behind it.....

Try resetting the BIOS by removing the battery....instructions will be there in the manual...

Last edited:
OP
smile

smile

In the zone
I removed the CMOS battery and again put battery in........change the Ram , no beeps sounds r coming :(

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Can be the case of a Faulty PSU !

The PC is just not starting up or the prb. is that u r unable to see the display ?

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Go check the drive light if it is blinking. Are you sure that the monitor and Pc cable is working correctly? Maybe the cable is broken. You can easily buy one from and electronic store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom