System Information >> hardware resources >>conflicts/sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
can anyone tell me what this means??
this is the System Information >> hardware resources >> conflicts/sharing info of my PC

System Information report written at: 04/16/06 12:17:28
System Name: iinfi
[Conflicts/Sharing]

Resource Device
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

I/O Port 0x00005000-0x0000FFFF PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00005000-0x0000FFFF Intel(R) 82801AA SMBus Controller

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Seems quite normal. The entries in the 'Device' column are using the resources in the 'Resource' column. Duplicate entries are not necessarily problematic. However, if you are having any trouble with a Device, and it is listed in this page as sharing a resource with another device, problems may occur. Here the resolution is to disable the device in Device Manager. Kinda hit-and-trial.

According to this page:

Any IRQs from 9 and above that are listed more than once are not a problem. In the newer computers running Win98 and WinME these IRQs are designed to be shared. If one of the lower IRQs shows the phrase "IRQ Holder for PCI steering", then you can ignore that IRQ. However, if you show two COM ports assigned to one IRQ, then you may have a potential conflict. I have both COM 1 and COM 3 using IRQ 4. However, since there is nothing connected to COM 1 and my PDA uses COM 3 only about once a day, there is no problem. Therefore, you can't assume that one IRQ assigned two functions is automatically going to be a problem. It depends on what the functions are, and how they are used.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Now why's that SMBus sharing an I/O Port? *scratches head*. Don't think that's a problem. Nyway wait for some more posts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom