System Hangup and Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrajit M

Right off the assembly line
My PC configuration is :

PC - AT
P4 3.0 GHZ(HT) CPU (800 FSB)
INTEL 865 GBF M/B/ 512 MB DDR RAM (400 MHZ)
ATX VIP CABINET WITH 400 WATTS SMPS
SAMSUNG 40 GB HDD - IDE
BIG GEFORCE 6600GT 128 MB AGP 8X

My system hangsup frequently and also restarts on its own. My 80 gb secondary hard drive also crashed recently . Also the graphics card heats up 59 - 61 degrees . I am unable to play my games Quake 4 , Half - Life 2, Age of Empires 3 , etc. Please help me.

alienspiesu

Journeyman
hey dude try installing one more fan cos as seen in ur pc configuration , ur pc has geforce n al wich tends to increase the heat, n try tis as well
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26278

Kniwor

Learner
will you post a little more information...
what are various temperatures....

does opening the case and blowinf a table fan help

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Are u sure ur graphics card runs at 59 -60* ....it shouldn't hang at that temp............Check the temp of ur CPU ..That might be overheating...........................ur CPU should run at say 45-55* at load...while playing games

Last edited:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
guys over heating is so much problem now a days in summer..
my sys(a64 3000+ on A8N SLI Prem +6600GT+3 segate HDD in Raid 0)

everything is over heated even after i have a total of six fans in mu cpu(even after my modo uses heat pipes to remove the fan from teh chipset)

ideal temps are so high:

CPU 47
Chipset 48
gfx 62
Hdd 55

my room is on the roof so it gets mighty hot in daytime (and sadly i dont have AC)

my damn 4 year old tv tuner card is also HOT to touch...
there is no workaround

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
15 to 20 degrees above room temp is pretty standard for systems with stock cooling, I don't see any temps to get agitated about, plz understand the vast majority of temp readings on the net are either AC or temperate room temp (bout 24degrees). In the Indian summer conditions you should expect bout 18 to 24 degrees higher

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
if u say so...

my hdds are so hot that i cant hold them in my hand if i remove them from the system just after power off.....

Kniwor

Learner
Rollercoaster said:
if u say so...

my hdds are so hot that i cant hold them in my hand if i remove them from the system just after power off.....
then it is really hot....

u have to improve the air flow, add fans, dont keep it in a closed place... leave the side cabinet open.. where is the HDD installed in ur case... put a fan upon it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom