System doesn't Standby....Help me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Usually when I used to Standy the Computer by selecting it from the Shutdown Menu, the fans(CPU and SMPS) would shutoff and the system would come to a low power state with the Power Led blinking. Pressing the Power button again would bring it out of standby..

Recently I installed XP again, and now whenever I standby what happens is the screen would simply shut off and nothing else. The CPU and the keeps on running.

Help me sort it out..:(

OP
Lucky_star

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
No, Its a Pentium 2.4 with ASUS P4GE MX motherboard. There was no problem with it till now and I think I might have changed some settings accidentally.
Now what to do?

shantanu

Technomancer
you can go to bios and check if you changed any thing in power options or i think you must have done some Drivers update and that power options vanished after that

OP
Lucky_star

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I haven't done any Single motherboard Drivers update. I don't change anything in the BIOS except the Boot Sequence. I cleared the BIOS twice now, but nothing is happening:(
Is it some problem with Windows?

shantanu

Technomancer
i is not a problem if your system is resuming correctly, i had this problem in AMD but after installting Cool n quiet drivers it solved , so i think windows power management error only

OP
Lucky_star

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I can't say it as a perfect resume, because if I move the mouse, system resumes, as if in a screensaver.

Are there any other Power Options, apart from the Display Properties->Screensaver->Power?

shantanu

Technomancer
i think there are some which are hidden in GPEDIT i think VISHAL CAN HELP IN this.. i am not sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom