System Blanks and Monitor Blinks while playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyasram

The pWnster
While playing games like fifa2003 and ms rise of nations , my system runs pretty well for abt 10 mins and then the monitor starts showing nothing and starts to blink... still the system is running and the hdd led turns on frequently . I should restart it each time to get back..... however i dont find such problems while running farcry 1.3, doom 3 and cricket 04

Why this happens. My sys config is amd 3000+, 512mb ddr, 6600gt, 160gb sata. Please help soon.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
hmm, looks kinda power options interruptin ur gamin,
Disable turn off monitor/standby after xxx min in RightClik > Properties > Screensaver > Power options.

Dunno but not sure...
Cud be a heat issue too i guess...

OP
Vyasram

Vyasram

The pWnster
I tried the solns given by you but nothin works ...
i even reinstalled the drivers and i also opened the cab while this happened and I found all fans properly running

how can I find whether it is due to ovr heating

mach

Broken In
By seeing ur pc config.. one can conclude that ur system has more than enough juice to run hese games

the problem mght be elsewhere.. r u playing the games with a pirated version.. a corrupt setup mght have been installed

if they r original.. did u try the games home site and see if these issues have happened with ny1 else.if this is a common problem with some others . if so they mght hav released a patch just download the patch

u can chk ur fans speed, cpu temp using some utilities like motherboard monitor
download it from here
Code:
*www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Motherboard-Monitor.shtml

OP
Vyasram

Vyasram

The pWnster
Thanks.. I visited some other forums and they say that 6600gt has problems with asus a8n series and a vulnerability update from ms (kb890859) ... is it true?

because my mobo is a8ne and i also installed this update....

how can i uninstall it if i 've deleted all the deupdate folders (the folders starting with $ in windows folder).....

Or will it be solved by installing the latest driver 78.01 or 77.72 from nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom