Sysdrv.sys Error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF8CCE8B2, 0xF3C4EC10, 0x00000000)

***sysdrv.sys _ Address F8CCE8B2 base at F8CCE000, DateStamp 4021C60f

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.
--------------------
As the abv Hex no.s change freq. they r approx. Often my PC flashes me this BSOD. Very Irritating. CAn any one Help? Generally occurs right after bootup.
----------------
Removed Sysdrv.sys from c:\windows\... Now not crashing , but wud like to know why.
WinXp +1GHz Celeron +256 MB SD RAM+ GeForce4 MX 440.

digen

Youngling
*support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315335&sd=RMVP

Although it says about the error only during installation you can try troubleshooting it.

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
I do have File Securer.
Located Sysdrv.sys at c:\windows\... and removed it to desktop. Now not crashing. also FileSecurer seems to be working fine.

I wud like to know if sysdrv.sys is an original winXp file. If it came with FileSecurer then it seems uqite useless becoz File Securer is working fine without it.

swatkat

Technomancer
Sysdrv.sys probably came with File Securer, as it has a reference to File Securer program's path...

well, in order to confirm whether sysdrv.sys came with File Securer or with Windows, u run System File Checker....

if u r using Win98,do this:-
1]Go to Start>Run and type sfc and press Enter
2]Then click on Settings and there Check the option "Check for Deleted Files", and then click OK.
3]Then check "Scan for altered files" radio button in main window and click Scan to scan ur system.
4]If the file is really bundled with Windows, it would pop an error message and prompts u to restore.u hould have either Win98 setup CD or setup files in ur Hard disk.
For WinXP, instead of sfc, u have to type sfc /scannow (there's a SPACE between sfc and /)

if u get "Sysdrv.sys deleted " error message in sfc while scanning, and even if u provide the setup CD of Win98/XP, if u get another error "file cannot be found in the specied location" or something like it, it means that sysdrv.sys in not in Win98/XP CD itself and it is installed by other softwares.....

i think the file is not related to Windows....anyway i will check in a WinXP system for this file, as i am now in Win98 system and this doesnt have sysdrv.sys file anywhere.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom